Mad Cool 2017

Tremousse

This year I'd like to go to Mad Cool Festival 2017 after Glastonbury and Rock Werchter. After an EPIC premiere in 2016, with tickets at 79€ for a big festival with big names (Neil Young, The Who, The Prodigy...), I wonder how much it will be this year. Mad Cool 2017 will happen on 6-7-8th July. I have several questions.

1) I don't speak Spanish at all. Does anyone know when are the early birds tickets sold ?

2) Has anyone here been to Mad Cool 2016 ? Can you share your mad cool story ?

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 07/10/2016 at 3:20 PM, Tremousse said:

This year I'd like to go to Mad Cool Festival 2017 after Glastonbury and Rock Werchter. After an EPIC premiere in 2016, with tickets at 79€ for a big festival with big names (Neil Young, The Who, The Prodigy...), I wonder how much it will be this year. Mad Cool 2017 will happen on 6-7-8th July. I have several questions.

1) I don't speak Spanish at all. Does anyone know when are the early birds tickets sold ?

Can't help on either point but will be keeping a keen eye on this festival, could be a blockbuster line up I reckon.

On 7/10/2016 at 4:20 PM, Tremousse said:

I was this year in Mad Cool first edition. It's a great festival. There are two outdoors stages than never clash, and 4 stages indoor. The festival is run in "La caja mágica", where Madrid Tennis Masters Series, so the indoor stages are the main courts of the tennis championship. 

Line-up was a mix of classic bands (Neil Young, The Who), 90's bands (Jane's Addiction, Garbage, Stereophonics, Prodigy) and 21st century more comecial bands (Biffy Clyro, Editors, TDCC, Die Antwoord), less comercial bands (BoH, Caribou, Temples, DIIV) and some spanish bands (Lori Meyers, Vetusta Morla, 091...)

The place is all covered with artificial grass, and was big enough to feel comfortable always. You can see concerts as close as you want from the stage and people is friendly.

There is no camping so you have to look for a cheap acomodation in Madrid (there are lot of options here). The festival can be reached using metro (1,5 euros) but during the night you can use a bus or take a taxi (less than 15 euros to the city center).

The food was great inside the festival and alcohol was not very expensive (can't remember prices). Concerts started at 5.30pm until 4am.

There were people for all ages, and lot of girls. Not so many foreing people at the festival. People was really friendly and I didn't see any problem or any fight. 

If you need any help or have any question, just let me know, please!

It's seems that this week the first headliner will be announced. You can rule out Depeche Mode and System Of A Down. Some people is talking about Coldplay, some people is talking about Green Day and LOT of people is talking about Pearl Jam playing here. 

Edited by johnybegood

5 hours ago, johnybegood said:

I was this year in Mad Cool first edition. It's a great festival. There are two outdoors stages than never clash, and 4 stages indoor. The festival is run in "La caja mágica", where Madrid Tennis Masters Series, so the indoor stages are the main courts of the tennis championship. 

Line-up was a mix of classic bands (Neil Young, The Who), 90's bands (Jane's Addiction, Garbage, Stereophonics, Prodigy) and 21st century more comecial bands (Biffy Clyro, Editors, TDCC, Die Antwoord), less comercial bands (BoH, Caribou, Temples, DIIV) and some spanish bands (Lori Meyers, Vetusta Morla, 091...)

The place is all covered with artificial grass, and was big enough to feel comfortable always. You can see concerts as close as you want from the stage and people is friendly.

There is no camping so you have to look for a cheap acomodation in Madrid (there are lot of options here). The festival can be reached using metro (1,5 euros) but during the night you can use a bus or take a taxi (less than 15 euros to the city center).

The food was great inside the festival and alcohol was not very expensive (can't remember prices). Concerts started at 5.30pm until 4am.

There were people for all ages, and lot of girls. Not so many foreing people at the festival. People was really friendly and I didn't see any problem or any fight. 

If you need any help or have any question, just let me know, please!

It's seems that this week the first headliner will be announced. You can rule out Depeche Mode and System Of A Down. Some people is talking about Coldplay, some people is talking about Green Day and LOT of people is talking about Pearl Jam playing here. 

Thank you for all these informations, it sounds like a fantastic festival, I'm convinced to go there :)

On 10/20/2016 at 3:14 PM, DiscothequeDave said:

There's a bus with 'Flaming Lips' emblazoned on the side of it currently driving around Madrid. Could be a cool way of a festival, possibly Mad Cool announcing bands with one popping up every so often. 

Flaming Lips announced for Vida Festival, not Mad Cool as I'd thought/hoped

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, gregory said:

Would be great if they had €70/80 tickets again! Last years lineup was killer. I've booked my flights already, just need to decide between this/Bilbao BBK as my pre-Benicassim festival festival! 

Pretty much in the same boat, one of these will be a pre cursor to Pukkelpop in August. Just waiting for the line up to drop for both of them. The Stone Roses or the Chems at either will probably make my decision for me. Kind of prefer Madrid as I've never been and it's had time to learn from its debut year. Hope its not the RHCP for either personally

9 minutes ago, gregory said:

It won't be RHCP, Benicassim is their only Spanish show of 2017

Thanks :-) Gonna be really interesting who they announce. They must have someone big lined up to change the dates in direct competition with NOS and BBK. Green Day, Coldplay have both got to be in with a shout. Hopefully Download Madrid will rule a lot of shitty metal bands out (with the exception of Aerosmith, I'd book my ticket based on that one band alone) 

1 minute ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Thanks :-) Gonna be really interesting who they announce. They must have someone big lined up to change the dates in direct competition with NOS and BBK. Green Day, Coldplay have both got to be in with a shout. Hopefully Download Madrid will rule a lot of shitty metal bands out (with the exception of Aerosmith, I'd book my ticket based on that one band alone) 

Dave, Green Day is playing here. I am 99,99% sure. 

5 minutes ago, pete76 said:

Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters and nothing else would really matter for me

Foos look to be playing NOS. this could explain the date change for MC. 

Could be looking at Foos / Green Day and you would assume a lesser known band. Great for some, shit for me.

8 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Foos look to be playing NOS. this could explain the date change for MC. 

Could be looking at Foos / Green Day and you would assume a lesser known band. Great for some, shit for me.

Couldn't care less about RHCP, GD or Coldplay but FF & PJ would be too good to miss for me. I agree that Foos gonna be at NOS, but it is the same weekend as Mad Cool, so they can easily do both. And as u mentioned few times, Mad Cool gotta have something big to announce after changing the dates to the same weekend as BBK & NOS, so for me FF is that kind of band

24 minutes ago, pete76 said:

Couldn't care less about RHCP, GD or Coldplay but FF & PJ would be too good to miss for me. I agree that Foos gonna be at NOS, but it is the same weekend as Mad Cool, so they can easily do both. And as u mentioned few times, Mad Cool gotta have something big to announce after changing the dates to the same weekend as BBK & NOS, so for me FF is that kind of band

I'm still pretty sure that Coldplay will be at one of the 2 festivals. 

So we could have for NOS...

Depeche Mode / Foo Fighters / Coldplay

And at Mad Cool 

It could be 

Foo Fighters / Green Day & someone like Macca, KOL, Aerosmith, Killers.

Hard to see where BBK stand in all of this. Think they'll be left with something like DM / Green Day and the KOL.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

2 hours ago, pete76 said:

Pearl Jam + Foo Fighters would simply be the best 3 days-festival ever.

3 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

Foo Fighters almost confirmed for Mad Cool. There is a hint in Mad Cool Facebook that points to Foo fighters being announced on thursday.

Urgh, between them Green Day and the Foo Fighters are ruining my festival plans one festival at a time! lol.

32 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

http://www.robbiewilliams.com/tour/heavy-entertainment-show-tour-0 

No Spanish dates, free over Mad Cool 

:(

Hopefully it won't happen, let Beni have him :-), and carrying on with my wishful thinking send GD off to Bilbao. Happy with Foos if it is them, all I need now is Pearl Jam, Aerosmith and Prophets Of Rage ( I'm afraid they'll be at Download España )