Mad Cool 2017

Tremousse

On 03/07/2017 at 11:26 AM, elias said:

It's great to be going to a festival where you don't have to check the weather forecast every 5 minutes!

You seen the forecast for Thursday and Friday!!!??

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, johnybegood said:

There is a huge Primark in Gran Vía (a famous street in the city center)

Already had the pleasure of being dragged there by the wife

Hello all, looking forward to the Foos tonight but have a few questions if anyone can help first. 

1. Does anyone know if you can pay for the bus on the day and how much/where this stops off after the bands finish? 

2. How much will a taxi be in the early hours to central Madrid (atocha)? 

3. Can you pay in cash/card at the festival?  

21 minutes ago, foolee said:

Hello all, looking forward to the Foos tonight but have a few questions if anyone can help first. 

1. Does anyone know if you can pay for the bus on the day and how much/where this stops off after the bands finish? 

2. How much will a taxi be in the early hours to central Madrid (atocha)? 

3. Can you pay in cash/card at the festival?  

A Taxi from the Festival to Atocha should cost 10 or 12 euros. It's a better option than the bus. Taxis are not very expensive in Spain and Atocha is "close" to the festvial (1 hour walking but so fast by car)

This year you can pay in cash and credit card. Last year you had to pay with the wristband, but this year they will make it easier, so you can pay using cash or your credit card.

Edited by johnybegood

1 hour ago, johnybegood said:

A Taxi from the Festival to Atocha should cost 10 or 12 euros. It's a better option than the bus. Taxis are not very expensive in Spain and Atocha is "close" to the festvial (1 hour walking but so fast by car)

This year you can pay in cash and credit card. Last year you had to pay with the wristband, but this year they will make it easier, so you can pay using cash or your credit card.

Paid nearly 50 euros for a taxi yesterday from the airport. Expensive stuff. Couldn't take metro unfortunately. 12 euro seems more reasonable

Is the wristband way still being used to pay for stuff at the festival?After reading about the pickpockets at download we're now planning on leaving all phones and wallets behind and just taking a lump of cash and putting it on our wristbands as soon as we get through the doors!

6 minutes ago, MJ171717 said:

Is the wristband way still being used to pay for stuff at the festival?After reading about the pickpockets at download we're now planning on leaving all phones and wallets behind and just taking a lump of cash and putting it on our wristbands as soon as we get through the doors!

This year it will be different. You have to pay using cash or credit card.

No tokens and no wristband for paying.

3 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

This year it will be different. You have to pay using cash or credit card.

No tokens and no wristband for paying.

Ah that's a shame,really liked the idea of how they did things last year,guess we'll just have to be extra careful of our stuff now!

Hope you all enjoy.  Can't believe forecast, was thinking Spain in middle of July would be baking hot.  Won't take long to dry.

Be good to get some reports on the festival in general as few of us thinking about trying it next year

4 hours ago, McCallion said:

Hey folks. Anyone used Uber to get back from the fest before. Was looking cheaper than a taxi and saves on bringing cash

Couldn't get a signal in the arena. But loads outside of the festival exit next to the big wheel. 

Had to come back to the hotel to get changed, and the Mrs was having a panic attack. Seemed shambolic getting in, I guess a mix of the weather it being the 1st day and everyone turning up at the same time.

Saw some Irish lasses get turned away from getting their wristband due to their paper tickets being sopping wet and unable to get scanned.

Not too sure about the layout of the site either. I'll reserve judgement until Sunday.

46 minutes ago, McCallion said:

This might be a stupid question, but is there anywhere to get food here? Can't find anywhere

It's in the magic box tennis arena itself. 

Bad layout I reckon 

We're not bothering with tonight either, it's not been an enjoyable experience. Felt like a chore getting to then battling through the crowds to get anywhere whilst in the place. This coupled with the tragic event last night and the lack of communication from the organisers about loads of things. 

if your thinking about going next year id suggest looking at another festival. We were trying with this or nos. Wish we had picked nos. Lesson learned, off to enjoy the zoo today and enjoy the rest of our holiday

58 minutes ago, stubbs said:

We're not bothering with tonight either, it's not been an enjoyable experience. Felt like a chore getting to then battling through the crowds to get anywhere whilst in the place. This coupled with the tragic event last night and the lack of communication from the organisers about loads of things. 

if your thinking about going next year id suggest looking at another festival. We were trying with this or nos. Wish we had picked nos. Lesson learned, off to enjoy the zoo today and enjoy the rest of our holiday

Got to agree. Heartbreaking what happened last night and to not make any sort of announcement and continue with the green day gig minutes after a man died just seems inapropriate. There's been a handful of things with the organisation of this fest that are totally off, the infrastructure is not there for an event of this scale. I was at rock werchter last week and it's hard to believe they have the same scale of headliner. I think NOS is a good shout for next year

1 hour ago, McCallion said:

Got to agree. Heartbreaking what happened last night and to not make any sort of announcement and continue with the green day gig minutes after a man died just seems inapropriate. There's been a handful of things with the organisation of this fest that are totally off, the infrastructure is not there for an event of this scale. I was at rock werchter last week and it's hard to believe they have the same scale of headliner. I think NOS is a good shout for next year

I agree, although only in its 2nd year there would be teething problems. But I just don't think the arena is capable of handling 4 big stages and the traffic of people. They need to reduce the amount of stages and the capacity. I got the impression there was too many sponsor stalls too. Nos or back to beni next year