Glastonbury 2016 - In Retrospect

CaledonianGonzo

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Anyone else get odd looks from people who just can't comprehend the idea of doing something by yourself? :lol:

I get that all the time - I've given up asking and organising everyone though and I would never go to anything if I relied on my mates - plus they're too chatty. Just did a weekend in London to see the Cure.

Do get some shocked faces when say I'm going on my own, especially from my mother - hubbie wasn't too impressed with me going to glasto on my own at first either, he knows better now -_-

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The blanket/picnic people boil my f***ing piss! The amount of times I've fallen (literally) over and into them, and then received s**t as If its my fault is unreal.

In the daytime, fine, but not when it's that dark you can hardly see two steps in front.

I think the only way to make these people learn is to carry a Lenor bottle of piss with no lid on and drown the fu**ers!

19 hours ago, Yokel Again said:

I know I am alone in thinking AG was awful. We left. (We didn't talk over him though!) 

you're not alone. :)

His voice had gone and he hated the crowd taking up the songs, and his poetry was Vogon-style.

I'm still glad a saw it tho. He did the one about the dead rabbits. :P

Edited by eFestivals

His voice isn't painfully bad, though.  He doesn't sound like an angelic castrato any more, but if he still did that would be far weirder.  I can take a few fluffed high notes and a general weathering of the pipes - hardly anyone of that generation still sounds box fresh.

Other than Ronnie Spector, who apparently has done nothing but drink warm milk and gargle honey for the last 50 years.

That was a real treat yeah.

I was actually surprised by how good Arts voice sounded to be honest. A lifelong smoker in his mid 70s with severe throat issues, still hit most of the notes. 

His voice is no better or worse than Maccas

D Ross still has the pipes though. Absolutely rattling through Supreme songs here. Roll on June.

41 minutes ago, The Nal said:

That was a real treat yeah.

I was actually surprised by how good Arts voice sounded to be honest. A lifelong smoker in his mid 70s with severe throat issues, still hit most of the notes. 

His voice is no better or worse than Maccas

I'm amazed macca sticks with maybe I'm amazed. It is a tough one to sing even when you are at your peak I'd imagine. Fair play to him for persevering with it I guess. It's his tribute to linda so I suppose he's reluctant to drop it.

I wonder if rod stewart ever does it at his gigs? I love that faces youtube clip of it. He sings it so effortlessly.