Elbow

MilkyJoe

15 hours ago, Ged Devereux said:

They're pushing it having them sub again but I'm not complaining as I've never seen them at Glasto. They've done Friday the past two times, surely mix it up a little even if it's just a change of day, I know they can't because of their forest shows but that could have been avoided if they'd know early enough! 

Looking forward to seeing them again in Manchester next week, really like a couple off the new album and the shows so far have had good reviews

I'd love to see them headline John Peel or The park

I'm seeing them in Manchester on the18th, looking forward to it

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

No because Elbow are way too big for the Park.

Yeah that was my thinking too but I've seen some pretty big crowds up there filling a good section of the hill. I suppose it would all boil down to the traffic going up there as opposed to John Peel or Other.

12 minutes ago, ClementsMike said:

Could they headline Other? Just thinking back to 'vaguely' similar headliners there such as Paolo Nutrini, Jake Bugg, Mumfords ...

Only Jake Bugg out of those has headlined Other, and even he was an apparent last minute booking after Metallica were supposedly moved up to the Pyramid.

1 hour ago, nodolphie said:

A reminder that "An Evening With Elbow" has just started on Radio 2.

Loved it until Whiley ruined it all by finishing up with fucking Faithless.

Mercifully cut short though.

Edited by Gnomicide

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from seeing them at Manc Apollo, life affirming stuff.

Anyone who writes them off as dull needs to listen to more of their stuff, fabulous arrangements, beautiful melodies, just gorgeous. They even dug out Scatterd Black and Whites.

Really hoping they're back at the farm on the Friday.

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Just back from seeing them at Manc Apollo, life affirming stuff.

Anyone who writes them off as dull needs to listen to more of their stuff, fabulous arrangements, beautiful melodies, just gorgeous. They even dug out Scatterd Black and Whites.

Really hoping they're back at the farm on the Friday.

I love a bit of elbow to be fair. Wouldn't say no to a farm appearance 

1 hour ago, russycarps said:

Just looked at some recent set lists. Sad to see they seem to have completely disowned their pre seldom seen kid career. Shame.

I bet current fans have never even heard the likes of powder blue.

Powder Blue is their best song. Hands down

7 hours ago, russycarps said:

Just looked at some recent set lists. Sad to see they seem to have completely disowned their pre seldom seen kid career. Shame.

I bet current fans have never even heard the likes of powder blue.

I saw them in Brum a couple of weeks ago, and there was zero from the first three albums, which was a shame. 

The gig was very nice.. The crowd went wild for One Day Like This, but it all felt a bit phoned-in. Sad Captains was great, as was Lippy Kids. 

Saw them in Manchester last night and they were very good. Was hoping they would play station approach with it being Manchester and all that but they didn't unfortunately. They did play scattered black and whites from their first album. Fly boy blue is epic live I have to say.

Edited by Dave_c

28 minutes ago, donkeykong said:

They played Great Expectations from the third album the night I went. Their first three albums are their best IMO - annoying that they are barely acknowledged these days

You can't really blame them I suppose, because it's only from seldom seen kid onwards that they become as big as they are. It's quite an unusual thing really for a band to become famous and all the fan favourites to come from the fourth album!

That being said, you'd expect them to play at least one song from each of the first three albums. Oh well.