Birmingham or London

Uncle Liam

Making my first foray into the Glastonbury forums in a decade. 

My work are allowing me to have the last few days of term off to go to Glastonbury. As I work in Doha, I'll be flying back on the Wednesday, well Tuesday evening into Wednesday morning. I haven't booked my flights yet but I'll be basically travelling from Doha to the festival. 

Sooooo.... what's the best Airport to fly into? Bearing in mind I'll either be flying Emirates (most likely), Qatar or Turkish, I'm guessing it's either Birmingham or Heathrow. 

Anyone got any ideas?

Depends what you want to do -

If you want to go straight from the Airport to the Festival Site by public transport, then in past years National Express have run a direct service from Heathrow and assuming they do again that'll be by far the quickest and easiest option.

If you want to hire a car and then stop somewhere to pick up supplies / kit / etc, then personally I'd go for Birmingham.

In theory from Birmingham International station (right next to the airport) it's one change (at Reading) to catch a train to Castle Cary. But that train will already be loaded from London. 

From Heathrow you have the National Express option or to head back to Paddington on the train and then get a train back to Castle Cary. 

However if if you're prepared to get a train into Birmingham New Street from the airport, you can get a train to Taunton and then on to Castle Cary from there.