King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard

Mash011

4 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

About to dive into the new album.... hoping the Victoria Warehouse gig is "Fishing for Fishies" heavy.

I bought a Warehouse ticket because I dunno the next time they'll be touring just after releasing a thrash album and I can't miss them ripping up a heavy set. 

So hopefully one of us gets what we're after!

51 minutes ago, priest17 said:

I bought a Warehouse ticket because I dunno the next time they'll be touring just after releasing a thrash album and I can't miss them ripping up a heavy set. 

So hopefully one of us gets what we're after!

Tbh, I will be happy either way. I think Fishing for Fishies is a really strong album & Id like to hear a lot of it live

47 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Tbh, I will be happy either way. I think Fishing for Fishies is a really strong album & Id like to hear a lot of it live

Yeah fair, I can see a lot of fishies getting a go on other tours, I just wanted to make sure I caught them at peak thrash (even if I have to put up with viccy shitehouse).

Album's great anyway. Been a weird week alternating between it, Oh Sees latest and Slipknot's new one.

1 hour ago, priest17 said:

Yeah fair, I can see a lot of fishies getting a go on other tours, I just wanted to make sure I caught them at peak thrash (even if I have to put up with viccy shitehouse).

Album's great anyway. Been a weird week alternating between it, Oh Sees latest and Slipknot's new one.

I need to give that bash... I will give that a go tonight.

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

Now the dust has settled the reviews are fair enough I think. 3/5, 7/10 and so on. Decent enough but far from their best.

Yeah I'm willing to accept that I'm viewing this through an excited that king gizz have done a thrash metal album eye rather than completely objectively. I do love it though.

21 hours ago, The Nal said:

From what I remember - Nonagon, Sketches, Flying Banana, Gumboot, Polygon, Fishing, Microtonal, Paper Mache, Gumboot all enjoyed more. Although Id have to go back and listen to a lot of them (they've so many!) the new one is a bit Spinal Tap.

The newie is fun, its not their best but a couple of the ones you name here are snoozers. Sketches for example.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So what are we all hoping for setlist wise? 

I'll go first

planet b
mars for the rich
The great chain of being 
rattlesnake
fishing for fishies 
billabong valley
murder of the universe
12 bar bruise 

robot stop
big fat wasp
evil death roll