King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard

Mash011

totally forgot new Gizz was out until I was in the local indie earlier and I saw a few copies dotted about.

No money to buy today so am streaming on Apple. Rather good I say!

I'm still hopeful of a G ticket despite my various ailments (getting a bit better now, hoping to be in and out of hernia surgery before the fest) and if they do a few gigs over the weekend will have something to toke to at the festie :D

Looks like despite pre-ordering when it was announced a month or so ago I will be one of the last to get my hands on a copy. Just had a mail from Heavenly to say they are delayed coming into stock and won't be sent out until Monday. Bugger.

Have avoided listening to it until the vinyl lands on my mat but it's not easy.

1 hour ago, The_Amazing_Oblong said:

Looks like despite pre-ordering when it was announced a month or so ago I will be one of the last to get my hands on a copy. Just had a mail from Heavenly to say they are delayed coming into stock and won't be sent out until Monday. Bugger.

Have avoided listening to it until the vinyl lands on my mat but it's not easy.

Same here buddy. That'll teach us for supporting the label, eh? Getting dispatched on Monday according to my email, so fingers crossed Tuesday/Wednesday.

Decided to bite the bullet and get it anyway despite being a bit poor ATM - sounds awesome on vinyl and was pleasantly surprised with the bright yellow LP and scratch and sniff bit on the cover - can't bring myself to actually do it though I feel it would only ruin it!

the other half really doesn't understand Gizz though - she said it was boring repetitive noise! Some people :P

47 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Anyone got a copy of the album? My mate bought a cd. He said there is a scratch & sniff bit on the inside that smells of banana?

I have heard the album... quality again. Not sniffed it though!

I can confirm there is a scratch n sniff on the LP but I have yet to scratch or sniff mine - suspected it would be banana though. Great album - must've played it through about 8/10 times already. Going to turn into my favourite of theirs I think.

7 hours ago, mungo57 said:

I can confirm there is a scratch n sniff on the LP but I have yet to scratch or sniff mine - suspected it would be banana though. Great album - must've played it through about 8/10 times already. Going to turn into my favourite of theirs I think.

Yes, I've scratched and I've sniffed. Bananarama it is...

1 hour ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Yes, I've scratched and I've sniffed. Bananarama it is...

I'm so tempted but I haven't even removed the plastic wrapper fully from the vinyl yet - just opened it so I can get the record out...... I tend to do that with vinyl :P

Wouldn't it be great if King Gizzard, Pond, Ty Segall and Thee Oh Sees all played. You could even chuck the Meatbodies, The Murlocs and perhaps Wand into the mix and we would have a rather splendid slice of Psych Garage rock at Glastonbury.  

Haven't listened to the new album yet but Rattlesnake is just mega. Got an amazing groove to it. I love King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard. 

1 minute ago, adjwholovesmusic said:

Wouldn't it be great if King Gizzard, Pond, Ty Segall and Thee Oh Sees all played. You could even chuck the Meatbodies, The Murlocs and perhaps Wand into the mix and we would have a rather splendid slice of Psych Garage rock at Glastonbury.  

Haven't listened to the new album yet but Rattlesnake is just mega. Got an amazing groove to it. I love King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard. 

You've just reminded me that I am meant to check these out. A mate keeps banging on about them. Thanks.

What we need is a full on Gizzfest at Glastonbury. Give them a stage to curate for the day with a 4 hour headline set for Gizz. That would be great. And sort me a ticket whilst you're at it. I'd gladly offer my guitar case carrying skills to 1 or all of the Gizzfest bands :P

43 minutes ago, adjwholovesmusic said:

This will never happen. We are stuck with Catfish and the Bottlemen, Bastille, and other vomit inducing garbage of that standard.

Imagine the Ty Segall/Wand band on the Park? All hail King Ty.

15 minutes ago, majormajormajor said:

This will never happen. We are stuck with Catfish and the Bottlemen, Bastille, and other vomit inducing garbage of that standard.

Imagine the Ty Segall/Wand band on the Park? All hail King Ty.

people on here seem to love Ty, I've never really attempted to listen to his stuff.

A quick look informs me he was/is in Fuzz - Fuzz are fucking excellent, I'm surprised I hadn't taken note sooner.

Once the Murloc's latest is finished will have to give some Ty a go.

2 hours ago, mungo57 said:

people on here seem to love Ty, I've never really attempted to listen to his stuff.

A quick look informs me he was/is in Fuzz - Fuzz are fucking excellent, I'm surprised I hadn't taken note sooner.

Once the Murloc's latest is finished will have to give some Ty a go.

His back catalogue is quite daunting.

The new one is excellent (self titled). Slaughterhouse is the best for total balls-to-the-wall rock'n'roll. Manipulator, Twins, Melted... He has a lot of fucking quality stuff out there.

1 hour ago, mungo57 said:

Slaughterhouse is great, and Melted, those were the most recent 2 Apple have.

Will check my spotify later and see if I can track down any more.

Good stuff, he's virtually the same age as me and must have made about 30 albums!

Very little on Spotify, annoyingly, but all on YouTube. My favourite of his is Manipulator, which has a more polished, almost glam rock sound:

Twins and the new one are also great.

9 hours ago, mungo57 said:

I'm so tempted but I haven't even removed the plastic wrapper fully from the vinyl yet - just opened it so I can get the record out...... I tend to do that with vinyl :P

It's heartening to see vinyl back! I've got the CD, both formats showing the drawbacks of digital music - not a whiff of banana!!

3 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Very little on Spotify, annoyingly, but all on YouTube. My favourite of his is Manipulator, which has a more polished, almost glam rock sound:

Twins and the new one are also great.

Thanks for the tips mate will check it out.

34 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

It's heartening to see vinyl back! I've got the CD, both formats showing the drawbacks of digital music - not a whiff of banana!!

Boooooo! Bananaforthewin