King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard

Mash011

Tonight was very good. A nice mix of the Heavy, the funkier stuff & the "driftier" tunes.

A few of them having a go on lead vox to varying degrees of success. Wasnt the constant thrash fest I expected.

7th Time I have seen them, always put on a good show. Wrong venue though. Probably half full. Should have been at the academy.

Incredible gig. Float Along - Fill Your Lungs was the most perfect closer. The crowd during Mars For The Rich was just unbelievable. 

Not just those two, but The Great Chain of Being, This Thing, Mr. Beat, Evil Death Roll, Planet B, Rattlesnake in the same setlist... so bloody good. 

• 1 month later...

King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard will return to North America in 2020 for two career defining shows: the first at Greek Theatre, Berkeley on April 18, 2020 and the second at Red Rocks, Colorado on May 6th, 2020. Both performances will feature a 3 hour marathon set of music spanning each of their 15 albums. More news from Gizz HQ soon…

pls

2 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard will return to North America in 2020 for two career defining shows: the first at Greek Theatre, Berkeley on April 18, 2020 and the second at Red Rocks, Colorado on May 6th, 2020. Both performances will feature a 3 hour marathon set of music spanning each of their 15 albums. More news from Gizz HQ soon…

pls

Red Rocks is on my bucket list. If I win the lottery, I am going to that!

1 hour ago, JSmurphy said:

pls

Manchester Apollo please

Or the White Hotel

Or the Arena

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Am I right in thinking this is the first European festival they’ve been announced for? Hopefully they stick around for a few weeks. Could see them getting quite a high up slot on one of the APE days the week before too.

I think you are right and I really see them in the line up, which is great. 

By the way, I hope Bad Bunny is as far as possible from Glastonbury,  my god. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/20/2019 at 8:43 AM, JSmurphy said:

Brilliant news.

Sorry to put a damper on your hope but it seems like they are heading back to the US after Primavera weekend. Not sure if they'd come back over so quickly again. Could be a shout for a spot on the undercard for one of the APE days though.

image.png.f0d49aa6c9b5662ac9821efb1ce3cd01.png

45 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Sorry to put a damper on your hope but it seems like they are heading back to the US after Primavera weekend. Not sure if they'd come back over so quickly again. Could be a shout for a spot on the undercard for one of the APE days though.

They’re also playing SuperBock SuperRock in July so they’re definitely coming back to Europe at some point, hopefully in time for Glastonbury. I agree though, I’m expecting them to be pretty high up on one of the APE days though.

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

They’re also playing SuperBock SuperRock in July so they’re definitely coming back to Europe at some point, hopefully in time for Glastonbury. I agree though, I’m expecting them to be pretty high up on one of the APE days though.

Huh, they didnt have that date on their website. Guess King Giz may be back on then!