King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard

Mash011

31 minutes ago, OddRon said:

SO applying really correct logic, if they’re playing the same venue as tame impala, lcd soundsystem and foals 

we can confirm that gizz will headline other or sub pyramid

nice 

Imagine the utter confusion hahaha would love to see it though!

I feel as though they only manage to sell out these massive venues because they have such a cult following. Most people I know have no idea who they are but I guarantee most of them are aware of those 3 bands you referred to even if they aren't fans.

49 minutes ago, suttttttt said:

Imagine the utter confusion hahaha would love to see it though!

I feel as though they only manage to sell out these massive venues because they have such a cult following. Most people I know have no idea who they are but I guarantee most of them are aware of those 3 bands you referred to even if they aren't fans.

I think it’s most similar to Mac DeMarco - who I would say is about the same size and, like Gizz, clearly a big deal as far as ticket sales go. The lack of ‘general’ appeal hinders then getting big slots at events like Glastonbury but they can be kings of smaller fests and stuff where fans can get tickets.

2 hours ago, suttttttt said:

Anyone know what Ally Pally is like as a venue?

I find it a bit hit and miss. It's just a bloody great rectangular side room (usually with standing only) in a huge but beautiful old Victorian building. The sound can be a bit off sometimes. And the walk up that hill is a killer. Great views once you get there though.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

I think it’s most similar to Mac DeMarco - who I would say is about the same size and, like Gizz, clearly a big deal as far as ticket sales go. The lack of ‘general’ appeal hinders then getting big slots at events like Glastonbury but they can be kings of smaller fests and stuff where fans can get tickets.

They defintely get to shine at places like Green Man and Eotr, both headlined one of those recently and were the favourite headliners for people my age you could tell

5 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Saw The Murlocs at the Thekla last night and they were brilliant. The current tour ends in May. What chances a Murloc/Gizz 1-2? Do both bands ever play on the same bill or do they focus on each one separately?

Think they focus on each other from what Ive seen... apart from at a gizzfest. I missed the Murlocs in manchester. I have seen gizz about 6 or 7 times. I really like the new tune. I'd worried they'd gone a bit stale... but thankfully no. 

I know The Murlocs have opened for King Gizzard in the past (maybe in the states?) so I don't think them both being on the bill is out of the question. I'd love to see Flightless curate a day at a festival in the UK with the amount of talent they have on the label.

Also saw them (The Murlocs) at The Bodega in Nottingham on Friday night and they were great. The crowd was really into it as well which was awesome to see... pints flying, crowd surfing. Great little venue too. House beer was £2 a pint, need I say any more.

Just now, suttttttt said:

Also saw them (The Murlocs) at The Bodega in Nottingham on Friday night and they were great. The crowd was really into it as well which was awesome to see... pints flying, crowd surfing. Great little venue too. House beer was £2 a pint, need I say any more.

Sounds exactly like the Thekla show last night

• 4 weeks later...

Title track leaked yesterday if you know where to look, along with 1minute samples of all the tracks. It's really nice and completely different from Cyboogie, a folksy sort of thing with a very Gizz rhythm to it, somewhere between Paper Mache and Polygondwanaland. Not listened to the leaked previews but will be interesting to see how/if the album makes something cohesive out of those two very different styles.