King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard

Mash011

38 minutes ago, ConorC said:

Can I ask why? Too packed?

Never been in there myself.

Yeah it gets packed easily - certainly would for KGATLW - and also it's horrendous to get up to. Especially after it's been raining... the horror.

They ought to install a rail on that hill or at least a big rope fixed on to the top.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

How on earth do these guys find the time for side projects?

I think they have a studio for their label but still it's impressive.

10 minutes ago, henry bear said:

I don't know where to start with this lot, given their productivity. Do they tend to play more recent stuff live?

Yeah, well they quite often play forthcoming stuff live. :lol:

For a primer on what their live show would be like now I'd start with Nonagon Infinity and Flying Microtonal Banana. Beyond that there's songs like Trap Door, Cellophane, The River that will likely get an outing.

Edited by dentalplan

13 minutes ago, henry bear said:

I don't know where to start with this lot, given their productivity. Do they tend to play more recent stuff live?

This was the recent Coachella setlist (but they do shift things up a lot) as a pointer.

Rattlesnake
Doom City
Nuclear Fusion
Anoxia
Billabong Valley
Evil Death Roll
Invisible Face
Lord of Lightning
Gamma Knife
People-Vultures
I'm in Your Mind/Cellophane/I'm in Your Mind Fuzz
Robot Stop

Couple listens in, really hard to form a coherent opinion on this thing so far. It's bewildering in a lot of ways but also very conventional Gizz stuff in other ways - right down to one of the tracks just being a 17 second clip of People Vultures. Interested to hear what others think once more people have heard it.

First impreshunz.

Tale of the Altered Beast is p. good but rages on for a bit too long, considering its essentially the same song. Following two chapters are brilliant. Lord of Lightning vs. Balrog is like a hamper of Gizzhead Easter eggs.

I don't think the album will go over as well as the last couple. Considering a few voices were saying about them hammering into the same sound quite often, they're purposely doing that on this record. Fucking good fun had over here though,

1 hour ago, evilduck said:

I think I would prefer Altered Beast if it was condensed a bit and had less of the spoken word interludes. I love the last section though.

Yeah to say how much of a big deal it seemed, I completely zoned out of the spoken word across chapters 1 & 2. Couldn't make it out all that well to be honest. Read a transcript since and it seems quite interesting.

Since it's leaked so early I won't be able to resist until it's released when we are at glastonbury so will be nearer end of June until I hear it, listening to it soon.

Picked up a coloured vinyl of Quarters from here if anyone else is interested - https://castlefacerecords.co.uk/products/king-gizzard-quarters

Had this album on basically non stop since the leak, absolutely love it. Altered Beast in particular I think is one that rewards a lot of listens so give it some time, it'll grow on you I reckon. Yeah it's long but it develops really nicely in my opinion, much like another Gizz classic Head On/Pill. Think it's good to have one on there that does really feel like one long song unlike the others which have more discrete parts. LoL/Balrog obviously much more immediate but similarly banging. Han-Tyumi is a tough one because while Digital Black obviously bangs and I like the general build up of it, I find that that's the one where the spoken word goes a bit too overboard and becomes annoying, whereas the others I find it adds more than I'd expected it to.

18 hours ago, When Jokers Attack said:

Since it's leaked so early I won't be able to resist until it's released when we are at glastonbury so will be nearer end of June until I hear it, listening to it soon.

Picked up a coloured vinyl of Quarters from here if anyone else is interested - https://castlefacerecords.co.uk/products/king-gizzard-quarters

Oh man, if I didn't already have this record I'd get this one for sure.

CF-057rp4-B_1024x1024.jpg?v=1493620906

Boodiful

Edited by big__phil

These don't seem likely enough to be at the farm to warrant their own thread (which is a crying shame) but they've been mentioned a few times in this thread so thought I'd just drop it here, new footage emerged from the other weekend with their new drummer and he's fit right in, it's beautiful 

6 minutes ago, priest17 said:

These don't seem likely enough to be at the farm to warrant their own thread (which is a crying shame) but they've been mentioned a few times in this thread so thought I'd just drop it here, new footage emerged from the other weekend with their new drummer and he's fit right in, it's beautiful 

Saw them in Notts last night. Beautiful tones