King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard

Mash011

On ‎12‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 10:00 AM, Scruffylovemonster said:

Much better than the shambles that the wytches followed with. 

I agree The Wytches left me feeling a cold when they played, gizz were always gonna be a tough act to follow. I've seen them twice since now and they sounded awesome, I think they got lost in that big room. Don't let that performance taint your opinion of them though man, they're so tight live now.

Looking forward to the mighty Gizz at the Albert Hall, roll on June!

I was buzzing about the upcoming Albert Hall gig, looked like it was gonna be gig of the year. Unfortunately Thee Oh Sees announced a Manchester show on the same night and with a heavy heart decided to go there as I've just seen gizz. Really hoping both are at Glastonbury but assuming both gigs exist because they're both at Field Day. Still, guaranteed high quality gigs either way, don't think you're losing if you go to either.

I've been listening to Thee Oh Sees a lot recently after someone said to - quality stuff.

If I liked anything else off the lineup I'd be going to Field Day this year but I'm hoping for a sneaky London date being announced so I can just see TOS's - got tix to see Gizz already

1 hour ago, priest17 said:

I was buzzing about the upcoming Albert Hall gig, looked like it was gonna be gig of the year. Unfortunately Thee Oh Sees announced a Manchester show on the same night and with a heavy heart decided to go there as I've just seen gizz. Really hoping both are at Glastonbury but assuming both gigs exist because they're both at Field Day. Still, guaranteed high quality gigs either way, don't think you're losing if you go to either.

Probably a sensible move. Gizz are a number of times more likely to hit Glastonbury. I think I'll pursue other ways of seeing Thee Oh Sees this year and keep that night free in case KG don't show up on the Glasto bill but we can be very confident of that not being the case.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Probably a sensible move. Gizz are a number of times more likely to hit Glastonbury. I think I'll pursue other ways of seeing Thee Oh Sees this year and keep that night free in case KG don't show up on the Glasto bill but we can be very confident of that not being the case.

I adore the Gizz, but can't quite get into thee oh seas.... can someone post something I should listen to please?

Really  Hoping Ty Segall makes an appearance after watching some live videos last year.

36 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I adore the Gizz, but can't quite get into thee oh seas.... can someone post something I should listen to please?

Really  Hoping Ty Segall makes an appearance after watching some live videos last year.

First TOS track I loved, with a very Gizz vibe:

Ty Segall doesn't seem to have anything booked over G but is on these shores in September so unlikely, again.

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Toe Cutter/Thumb Buster is THE big Thee Oh Sees track ain't it? Closest thing to a 'breakthrough' anyway. Can't post a link rn but the video is easily found and is cool.

Yeah that's probably my favourite and what I'd consider their 'big' one, and yeah the video is ace.

I never really know where to tip people off with TOS. I started with Castlemania which probably isn't a great place to start to get sacked into how good they are but I still love it. I think John Dwyer is the coolest dude on earth to be fair so I'm pretty invested, the new damaged bug album is brilliant if no one's checked it out. Worth going backwards with his stuff as well, Coachwhips have got some great stuff (I get a bit wary of getting into stuff I know I can never see live but I love them)

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

True, annoyingly I got my Gizzard tickets prior to Thee Oh Sees being announced,   Seems outrageous bad luck them playing Manchester the same night.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

True, annoyingly I got my Gizzard tickets prior to Thee Oh Sees being announced,   Seems outrageous bad luck them playing Manchester the same night.

Prolly just got a shitty end of the stick with the tour scheduling tbf. They've got five UK shows weeks apart between mid-May and mid-June and then back again in August. And the Brighton venue looks to mainly host religious gatherings!

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

In your Mind fuzz and Nonagon infinity for psych fuss similar to the new one, without the microtonal element.

Papier Mache Dream balloon for an "acoustic flute-based album" that's nothing like those three. All four are very good.  

Anything before Mind fuzz, you'll need advice from some of the better experts than I.   

I am in a minority who really enjoys "eyes like the sky". Its a story album... talking over the tune. Its a story about the American indians

Oddments is quality. It doesn't really follow a pattern, Hot Wax is probably the best known tune, but Vegemite is a favourite of mine.

the only album I haven't really enjoyed was paper mache