The Avalanches

Whittick

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

yep, Saturday, sometime around 6-ish.

Is that a definite time cause if they're 3rd down I would have thought they'd be near 7? It's perfect for me cause if Biffy sub Foo's I don't have to rush over there go g form previous years timings 

12 minutes ago, Callum_96 said:

Is that a definite time cause if they're 3rd down I would have thought they'd be near 7? It's perfect for me cause if Biffy sub Foo's I don't have to rush over there go g form previous years timings 

the 'ish' was there for a reason - the reason being I couldn't be bothered to be sure I was as spot on as I possibly could be. :)

It'll be around the time that 3rd from top started last year, I guess. Whatever that was.

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

the 'ish' was there for a reason - the reason being I couldn't be bothered to be sure I was as spot on as I possibly could be. :)

It'll be around the time that 3rd from top started last year, I guess. Whatever that was.

Yeah that will be around 7 then, better get my running shoes on then haha

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Will-2609 said:

Yeah my mate got really excited about them and then was gutted they'll clash with The National. Then he watched their Coachella set and said it looked shit so he doesn't care anymore.

Is there a link anywhere for the Coachella set? I didn't think they were one of the acts getting streamed. The videos I've seen from YouTube seem ok, if not spectacular. They only had 50 minutes at Coachella so would expect a couple more songs at Glastonbury at least. Given the tunes they have and it being on West Holts they'd have to have an awful off day for it not to be a total party.

2 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Is there a link anywhere for the Coachella set? I didn't think they were one of the acts getting streamed. The videos I've seen from YouTube seem ok, if not spectacular. They only had 50 minutes at Coachella so would expect a couple more songs at Glastonbury at least. Given the tunes they have and it being on West Holts they'd have to have an awful off day for it not to be a total party.

Not sure, I haven't bothered to look for them but I couldn't find any properties Coachella sets on YouTube when I looked.

I went to one of the DJ set dates in London last year. It was.... not good. They were well refreshed. However, it wasn't the live show...

One of my camping buddies is seeing them in Bristol just before the festival - I'll be basing my desire to see them based on his well judged feedback.

• 3 weeks later...

These were one of my must sees when the lineup was dropped, but it's all gone a bit flat.  As the Bristol gig will be too soon to the festival starting for me to pick up on how it went, has anyone actually seen any positive reviews?  Lots of people saying reviews are mixed, but I'm not seeing anyone gushing about them - which kinda rules them out of being must see.  I found some video shorts of their stage show a while ago (via pitchfork I think) and it looked a bit pants, so thought I should revive the question here.

Have they got many more gigs between now and Glasto? Hopefully they can sort themselves out between now and then. I know @eFestivals was glowing about them when he saw them back in the day, but I'm not sure it's the same sort of set up nowadays.

I've got tickets for The National in autumn, so I'll be there regardless.

1 hour ago, big__phil said:

I know @eFestivals was glowing about them when he saw them back in the day, but I'm not sure it's the same sort of set up nowadays.

one of the best acts I've ever seen ... but I'm not expecting them to be that now. Part of what was stunning was what they were doing which was so fresh, but now it's old hat, been done to death.

I'm hoping they'll be enjoyable.