The Avalanches

Whittick

• 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I guess that the Coachella confirmation tends towards making this more likely.

I know the assumption is WH, but could they maybe be on in Silver Hayes?

They're already TBC aren't they?  

I think if it's the live set up then it'll be bigger than SH

32 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

They are, but then they deleted the tweet.  At this point I'd assume they're playing, but they wouldn't be the first act to self confirm via social media and then be nowhere to be found come lineup o'clock.

They also confirmed they were playing Coachella and then deleted that tweet, so the fact they've been announced for that gives more reason to believe they'll also be at Glastonbury. Plus there is the whole Emily following them on Instagram thing too.

I still had concerns, even after the tweet that they wouldn't be on the farm, as they had no dates announced beyond Australia this month. But the fact they're at Coachella makes me feel certain they'll be at Glastonbury too.

Saturday Park headliner, or sub into Justice on WH would be perfect. As long as they avoid a Radiohead clash I don't care too much.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, t0paz said:

They've just announced UK dates the week of Glasto so no doubts about Them turning up now. I'll probably go see them in Bristol anyway though to avoid any clash nightmares...

Wahey! No Friday night clash

26 minutes ago, t0paz said:

They've just announced UK dates the week of Glasto so no doubts about Them turning up now. I'll probably go see them in Bristol anyway though to avoid any clash nightmares...

damnmit, Tuesday ... I'll be in the cv field by then. :(

(in other Brizzle news, Stapleton Road is dreadsville/weedville central right now [just walked down there] ... it's Dutty Ken's funeral :( )

12 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

in 2001 when I saw them, they were the best live act I'd ever seen.

Have you seen any videos of their recent live stuff Neil? How does the set up compare to back in 2001? Obviously there is only a couple of the original 2001 members left, but is the set up the same with just replacement live members?

2 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Have you seen any videos of their recent live stuff Neil? How does the set up compare to back in 2001? Obviously there is only a couple of the original 2001 members left, but is the set up the same with just replacement live members?

just looking at a live vid from splendour in the grass ... and it's quite different.

in 2001 there were two guys on decks (just one now), and three guys on instruments (just 2 now), and no singers.

2 minutes ago, mcbain55 said:

I saw them live at V in 2001 and they were incredible. I'm going to try and see them in Bristol as a Glasto warm up 

yep, me too ... jaw-droppingly fantastic. Everyone was just stood there open mouthed at the end. 

I was so pissed off that the following weekend at Creamfields they weren't able to play live cos one of them had broken his leg (cos kicked off stage by another member mid-show during the week between).

36 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

just looking at a live vid from splendour in the grass ... and it's quite different.

in 2001 there were two guys on decks (just one now), and three guys on instruments (just 2 now), and no singers.

I think the use of fresh vocals on Wildflower has probably necessitated having singers there. From the reports I read Splendour and their comeback shows were a bit shaky, but the ones after were much better.

What was 2001 like? We're they mixing other things live and playing over the top or was it just their own stuff? 

I've been so excited ever since they replied to my tweet saying they were playing, even more so since knowing they won't clash with Radiohead. Also seems they've scheduled a 2 week European tour specifically to play Glastonbury as well so it seems much more special, as opposed to having an act who is doing the rounds anyway. Obbiously means a lot to them, can seeing it being a mad crowd for it too.