Bands for 2017

eagles69

3 hours ago, Goodfinger said:

Does anyone else think there'll be some link up with Bella Union this year?

It's the label's 20th anniversary, EOTR gave them the whole Friday for their 15th anniversary back in 2012, the label have said that there are exciting things happening this year that they couldn't yet reveal, and Simon Taffe was also thanked later in the same piece.

Some exceptional artists on Bella Union, they could easily fill a day on all four stages.

Wouldn't mind this, although I seem to remember their takeover back in 2012 being one of the least interesting days I've experienced at EOTR. It was all bit one-dimensional from a musical standpoint, which was a shame because their roster is actually quite diverse. Would love it if they could get Xiu Xiu or Jambinai to play this time round.

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at the comments on Simon Raymonde's post about the birthday gigs, I got the impression that Green Man might the location of their takeover this time around. That's not to say they won't do both, and yes, I agree that it wasn't the best day last time around. The trouble with their close ties to EOTR, it will result in a lot of repeat bookings.

3 minutes ago, shoebox said:

Running with this prediction now. Interpol playing Turn On The Bright Light shows this autumn. Nice little gap in their schedule to play EOTR on the Saturday evening:

Screen-Shot-2017-01-22-at-12.31.03-PM.pn

Damn, I hope you're right. I put a deposit down a few days ago on EOTR tickets and after seeing this announcement I'm so conflicted. Interpol are my favourite band and this is my favourite album of all-time but I'm not in the position to lose £90 and then have to fork out for this. Do you think they will announce the EOTR line-up before Wednesday? I can then at least make an informed choice!

This will be my first EOTR and first festival. I'm predicting Spoon and Real Estate, who both have new albums out this year. Hopefully Interpol as they are playing their 15th anniversary tour of Turn On the Bright Lights at other music festivals. Maybe a bit too outlandish but we might see The National headline. They have new music out this year. What do you guys think?

4 minutes ago, GG306 said:

Damn, I hope you're right. I put a deposit down a few days ago on EOTR tickets and after seeing this announcement I'm so conflicted. Interpol are my favourite band and this is my favourite album of all-time but I'm not in the position to lose £90 and then have to fork out for this. Do you think they will announce the EOTR line-up before Wednesday? I can then at least make an informed choice!

No chance we'll get an announcement this week I'm afraid. I reckon we'll see it in the next couple of weeks. The past couple of years it's been two weeks into February. I would say that if you're already committed to EOTR with that deposit, you won't get to either the London or Manchester shows anyway. Or are you looking to hit up one of the European shows?

7 minutes ago, shoebox said:

No chance we'll get an announcement this week I'm afraid. I reckon we'll see it in the next couple of weeks. The past couple of years it's been two weeks into February. I would say that if you're already committed to EOTR with that deposit, you won't get to either the London or Manchester shows anyway. Or are you looking to hit up one of the European shows?

I saw a tweet that said they have exciting news for January so hopefully it will be soon! I am currently looking into Paris and that would cost me and the girlfriend £250 each for tickets, flights, hotel, airport parking, and essentials. I might just have to forget about it and wait until they tour for their new album next year!

17 minutes ago, shoebox said:

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Hmmm. A lot of festivals announced there so if EOTR was on their agenda, why wouldn't it be on that list?

An excellent point, could simply be an announcement timing thing. Jun The Jewels announced their Euro tour last week, tickets went on sale on Friday, Field Day added to their schedule today.

I guess bands will want an opportunity to sell their own shows before festivals. It could all just be a coincidence, but I'm fully on board with them playing now :lol:

2 minutes ago, rhg_99 said:

I saw that, and am hoping it to be true. But we normally get a fairly sizeable heads-up (i.e. a week in advance) announcement before the announcement. A teaser if you will, but apart from various applications opening and their new Instagram account, there's been nothing. Is the Green Man announcement this week? They're not usually spaced too far apart.

14 minutes ago, shoebox said:

I saw that, and am hoping it to be true. But we normally get a fairly sizeable heads-up (i.e. a week in advance) announcement before the announcement. A teaser if you will, but apart from various applications opening and their new Instagram account, there's been nothing. Is the Green Man announcement this week? They're not usually spaced too far apart.

Yeh Green Man announcement is this Thursday 

31 minutes ago, GG306 said:

Maybe EOTR won't let them announce until they confirm the EOTR line-up?

I'm not sure the festivals on there were too ready. Some haven't officially announced them and a couple have put them out in the first announcement which came out at the same time with three or four others, so perhaps cobbled together at short notice.

The point I'm making is pretty rubbish and won't actually be confirmed until they're announced for a festival off that list, I'm just being indecisive. :P Think I'll probably snap up a tour ticket but be open to moving it on if EOTR proves irresistible and I can convince my pals for once.

Edited by dentalplan

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I'm not sure the festivals on there were too ready. Some haven't officially announced them and a couple have put them out in the first announcement which came out at the same time with three or four others, so perhaps cobbled together at short notice.

The point I'm making is pretty rubbish and won't actually be confirmed until they're announced for a festival off that list, I'm just being indecisive. :P Think I'll probably snap up a tour ticket but be open to moving it on if EOTR proves irresistible and I can convince my pals for once.

I hope they play. They do have a gap! Pray!

15 hours ago, eFestivals said:

you sure? Or just tickets on Thursday?

The mailer they sent out said nothing about an announcement, just tickets.

From the Green Man Forum:

It's that time of year again folks... Tickets for our 15th anniversary celebrations (17th-20th August) go on sale Thursday at 9am. We'll also be letting you in on the first few names we've got our paws on.. 

16 hours ago, shoebox said:

Last year Green Man announced about week before EOTR, but in 2015 EOTR announced on 26th Jan, before Green Man.  Hopefully we'll get at least the announcement of the announcement this week.

On another note, Jason Isbell is back in the studio.  Would love to see him play the Garden Stage.

Who do we reckon will be the big female bookings this year? EOTR do like show pretty good diversity when it comes to getting women high up on the bill. But I'm struggling to think of who is big enough to play those headline slots, who haven't played recently. Courtney Barnett and PJ being the obvious ones. St Vincent and Laura Marling probably headlined too recently to be put on again so soon. Sharon Van Etten, I guess, could headline the Garden Stage. Who else?

8 minutes ago, shoebox said:

Who do we reckon will be the big female bookings this year? EOTR do like show pretty good diversity when it comes to getting women high up on the bill. But I'm struggling to think of who is big enough to play those headline slots, who haven't played recently. Courtney Barnett and PJ being the obvious ones. St Vincent and Laura Marling probably headlined too recently to be put on again so soon. Sharon Van Etten, I guess, could headline the Garden Stage. Who else?

Sharon van etten is 6 months pregnant, so doubt she will tour this year!

Angel oslen?

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

Sharon van etten is 6 months pregnant, so doubt she will tour this year!

Angel oslen?

I did not know, so yeah, you're probably right.

Angel! Of course. I wonder if that Lykke Li project (LIV) could feature? Austra and Mitski could play, but I can't imagine they'll be that high up on the bill.