Bands for 2017

eagles69

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, shoebox said:

The only band out of that lot I have any time for is midlake (and old band of horses) so personally I hope not! 

2 minutes ago, wolfamongwolves said:

Would be really surprised if pixies make an appearance. National would be fantastic but personally can't see it. Still holding out for bonnie prince Billy. I'm sticking my neck out and saying bonnie prince billy this year. Another new super group strong possibility.

That would be great. 

27 minutes ago, Dylan's Big Toe said:

If Sigur Ros and/or The National are on the bill it would make my year. 

The only date The National have lined up is a festival in Denmark in August so they're in Europe at around the right time...

Someone spotted a leaked Portuguese festival poster with them on, but it's not been announced yet. One to keep an eye on. Think The National are too big and Sigur Ros too recent though.

Band of Horses are on at the Dcode festival that Interpol are also doing. Don't suppose they're a headliner anymore if they ever were though, right? For that supergroup, I was thinking Grandaddy were probably likely for this anyway so with those two you'd only have to have Kapranos and Fran Healy (assuming both are UK based) come down and the Midlake dudes come over and you've got a stew going.

The big list of touring acts around August on the GM thread, minus the ones claimed by Green Man, still includes Car Seat Headrest, Pond, Ty Segall, Beach House, Perfume Genius Cymbals Eat Guitars, Mac DeMarco, Jenny Hval, Swans, Daniel Johnston (those last two still about four weeks before EOTR tho).so still a lot to play for among those.

51 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Someone spotted a leaked Portuguese festival poster with them on, but it's not been announced yet. One to keep an eye on. Think The National are too big and Sigur Ros too recent though.

Band of Horses are on at the Dcode festival that Interpol are also doing. Don't suppose they're a headliner anymore if they ever were though, right? For that supergroup, I was thinking Grandaddy were probably likely for this anyway so with those two you'd only have to have Kapranos and Fran Healy (assuming both are UK based) come down and the Midlake dudes come over and you've got a stew going.

The big list of touring acts around August on the GM thread, minus the ones claimed by Green Man, still includes Car Seat Headrest, Pond, Ty Segall, Beach House, Perfume Genius Cymbals Eat Guitars, Mac DeMarco, Jenny Hval, Swans, Daniel Johnston (those last two still about four weeks before EOTR tho).so still a lot to play for among those.

Swans that would be incredible . Yes please. Always thought Daniel Johnston would fit in perfectly. Could see him enjoying the whole eotr experience. In the woods around the piano .