Bands for 2017

eagles69

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, RustySpanner said:

Any idea why Old Crow Medicine Show are on the playlist?

Lucinda Williams sings on the track briefly.  But so do loads of other people - it was recorded at a Woody Guthrie celebration concert - and artists as diverse as Ry Cooder and Donovan are also credited on the recording.  I guess everyone just piled on stage and sang along, but an odd choice to represent her on the Spotify playlist!

40 minutes ago, rhg_99 said:

Interpol have just been announced for Pure and Crafted Festival in Berlin on August 26th....

they're probably more likely for reading but  I'd love to see them, especially as mac and fjm are technically solo artists even though their touring bands are fantastic

On Wednesday, February 15, 2017 at 7:22 AM, RustySpanner said:

Any idea why Old Crow Medicine Show are on the playlist?

See that Old Crow Medicine Show are touring their version of Blonde on Blonde in the UK in June. A coincidence or a hint on the playlist??

Edited by cortezuk

1 hour ago, ciderbus said:

Not sure how much EOTR go in for returning headliners?

Missed most of Flaming Lips last time for John Grant so would be happy to see them back.

struggling to think who else would fit the festival and be third headliner so late into the festival season, they seem the perfect fit even if they have played before

Please god as long as it isn't The Harpy again. In fact just about *anyone* after last years seriously underwhelming headliners.

I'd be happy enough if it was The Lips , though maybe a bit soon again ??.......... brilliant last time, perfect festival band.

There has been speculation of Beck ...but I don't see him listed for much this summer so far.

1 hour ago, OddRon said:

who would be your reasonable preference? flaming lips isn't my top choice 

perhaps someone who had not played before. 

maybe feist, beck, lift to experience, bonnie prince billy, neutral milk hotel, tv on the radio, bjork, the national, sleater kinney, lcd soundsystem, deerhunter, nick cave, 

for me lips is a bit soon. repeat bookings its been a long while since explosions in the sky. 

Just now, wolfamongwolves said:

perhaps someone who had not played before. 

maybe feist, beck, lift to experience, bonnie prince billy, neutral milk hotel, tv on the radio, bjork, the national, sleater kinney, lcd soundsystem, deerhunter, nick cave, 

for me lips is a bit soon. repeat bookings its been a long while since explosions in the sky. 

I'd die if it were lcd  or the national they'd be my top choice 

nick cave is here end of September for dates so is it possible he could stay in UK for all of sept  so he can headline eotr

Saw Julia Jacklin last night at the Soup Kitchen in Manchester and she was mesmerising.  Great album and really good performance too finishing with a great version of The Strokes' Someday. Spoke to her afterward and she said that she is playing on the Garden Stage but couldn't recall which day.