Bands for 2017

eagles69

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, wolfamongwolves said:

my money is definetly on father john misty. also think real estate will be announced . 

What makes you think Real Estate will be there? They are touring the UK in June so I'm not sure how likely it is that they would come back again in August. Would love to see them both play though.

53 minutes ago, ljsawyer said:

What makes you think Real Estate will be there? They are touring the UK in June so I'm not sure how likely it is that they would come back again in August. Would love to see them both play though.

the fact that they have not played eotr before and they have a new album coming out makes it possible. they have played green man before so put eotr before the green man. could be wrong its only my opinion. i definetly think it could happen. 

50 minutes ago, Yesiamaduck said:

So after the picture of eyeballs on slide a lot of people have concluded one of the headliners will probably be Pixies

Slides-and-up eyeballs , I want you to know!" *pixies lyric* I seriously doubt its The Residents who would've been my natural guess as they dont seem like an EOTR band 

Eh is it not "slicing up eyeballs"? Wtf would "slides and up eyeballs" mean?

:lol:

Anyway Pixies are a 'UK festival headline exclusive' at Bluedot so they won't be at EOTR as they'd obviously headline.

FJM is a good start - certainly so if it turns out he swerves Glastonbury for it and this is his first UK date on Pure Comedy.

Interesting to see who else they have but I didn't know Beach House had headlined the Woods Stage before; they're touring around the time and even though they're a good band it'd be a bit of a duff headliner wouldn't it? Same if they bumped Mac up.

12 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

:lol:

Anyway Pixies are a 'UK festival headline exclusive' at Bluedot so they won't be at EOTR as they'd obviously headline.

FJM is a good start - certainly so if it turns out he swerves Glastonbury for it and this is his first UK date on Pure Comedy.

Interesting to see who else they have but I didn't know Beach House had headlined the Woods Stage before; they're touring around the time and even though they're a good band it'd be a bit of a duff headliner wouldn't it? Same if they bumped Mac up.

I thought they were a 'northern festival exclusive' (this is getting ridiculous now)

7 minutes ago, Chawk said:

I thought they were a 'northern festival exclusive' (this is getting ridiculous now)

Hmm well I did only see it second hand and not research whether it was true (fake news) but I guess both could be true. Inclined to think that their biggest UK tour in decades, a festival headline slot and a support slot at Hyde Park will see them fully stretched out though, as much as it still may be a coup fro EOTR.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Hmm well I did only see it second hand and not research whether it was true (fake news) but I guess both could be true. Inclined to think that their biggest UK tour in decades, a festival headline slot and a support slot at Hyde Park will see them fully stretched out though, as much as it still may be a coup fro EOTR.

Yeah, and they don't have anything booked in the 2 weeks before EOTR, not sure where else they could play in between.