Bands for 2017

eagles69

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The claymation video features eyeballs which immediately made me think..The Residents. Can't say I'm a fan but they are touring a new album this year and eotr bookers aren't afraid of chucking in acts which divide opinion. What would people feel about them?     

28 minutes ago, thespiral said:

Surely Father John Misty is overdue at EOTR :)

Whoever is announced I just hope it makes up for last years lacklustre headliners. This is the first year I am waiting for announcement before booking.

Would you call the Shins lacklustre?!

1 hour ago, Nick07 said:

Last year was a dreadful set of headliners for me and overall, quite disappointing for them

Totally agree. I really felt like that they hadn't tried last year, everything felt a bit ....meh....even the forest installations and stuff.I enjoyed it to a point, but my least favourite in 7 visits. Hoping they have their eye on the ball a bit more this year

Does anyone else think EOTR could become a bit more 'global' in terms of its musical representation? Last year showed some signs that it could head in this direction with Omar Souleyman and Imarhan, as well as bands like Goat and Flamingods who incorporate sounds from all over the world. We've also had Tinariwen a couple times in recent years, and Simon seems to have been listening to quite a bit of West African music recently if his Instagram is anything to go by. Would personally love to see Owiny Sigoma Band, Songhoy Blues or Vaudou Game among others.

1 hour ago, AndyfromBrackley said:

Spoon announced UK dates for end of June. Not such a possibility then?

Hopefully they will still come. I can't see why not. They're a successful band so should be able to afford to fly back for another load of European shows. Right, guys? RIGHT? (Please!)

6 minutes ago, GG306 said:

Mac Demarco just released 2 new songs and announced an album for May, so he could be at EOTR. He is in the UK end of May, however...

Playing Newcastle and Edinburgh on August 29th and 30th, and then has no dates until a show in California on September 8th so I'd say he's pretty likely to play.

14 minutes ago, rhg_99 said:

Playing Newcastle and Edinburgh on August 29th and 30th, and then has no dates until a show in California on September 8th so I'd say he's pretty likely to play.

Forgot I saw that! Yeah, pray! Nice profile picture BTW. Love The Simpsons!

1 hour ago, GG306 said:

They have some great songs. A night time set would be great <3

They headlined in 2011 so it would definitely be night .

10 hours ago, shoebox said:

I thought I'd read earlier this year that Nick Cave would not being doing UK festivals this year. I REALLY hope that is not true and he plays EOTR. Would be the dream headliner for me.

According to a European festival promoter he's not doing any festivals at all, but I wouldn't take that as definite. Getting Nick Cave on this tour wouldn't be stranger than getting Sufjan who never did festivals ever at the time.