Primavera Sound 2017

Orens

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got insanely fucked up yesterday and lost my phone and wallet and also missed Aphex Twin and everything after! Such a tit. How was he? Been coming down horrendously all day and only now feeling normal. Thankfully a girl found my phone and met up with me to give me it back otherwise I wouldn't have been able to get back in to the festival. What a lifesaver. Mel if you're reading this you're a G.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Got insanely fucked up yesterday and lost my phone and wallet and also missed Aphex Twin and everything after! Such a tit. How was he? Been coming down horrendously all day and only now feeling normal. Thankfully a girl found my phone and met up with me to give me it back otherwise I wouldn't have been able to get back in to the festival. What a lifesaver. Mel if you're reading this you're a G.

I thought Aphex was good largely but could have done without some of the Skrillex sounding stuff.

An Italian man gave me MDMA and I had to leave half way through to do a come up poo though.

Edited by Messy

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Might not be anything. Was a comment on twitter.

Very glad you recovered from last night floorfiller!

Well I've told everybody about it now so sure hope it's actually a thing :lol:

And thank you very much! Was such a relief to start feeling normal again. Hope you're having a good one (and the rest of you). 

The quiet main stage problem reappeared tonight for the xx, and RTJ didn't sound loud enough even though I was in the third row (which was still great fun obviously).

Priests, It's Not Not and Mitski were my highlights today. I spent a lot of time not feeling great which hampered me a bit.

Catched the last two songs of The Growlers at the main stage and the sound level was ridiculously low. Hope it will be different for AF. 

The Scots were on fire last night. Arab Strap the most enjoyable act for me. Such a nice variety to their repertoire and really loud. Great surprise to get to see Mogwai perform the new album. Some of those tunes sounded awesome. Only problem was the chatty audience. Big groups just there to get drunk/chat and not paying any attention to the music. 

Edited by Olivedal 1904

there are only two things I don't like about this festival.

yes, people chatting through shows. seems like lot of people just want to brag about being at a particular show but couldn't care less about the music

mordor. it has been getting worse every year and I can no longer stand it. id actually love it if they start booking more coldplays and reserve these stages for this kind of soulless stadium stuff.

Yeah people talking through sets has been a noticeable problem for me too, not so much at the smaller stages but for decent chunks of both Solange and The xx we've had groups just talking continuously and not being able to stand still for more than 10 seconds. Been big groups of English lad types both times. 

Apart from that it's been a really good festival so far with Bon Iver and The xx being the highlights for me. I saw Justin Vernon walking about outside the Hidden stage just after Alexandra Savior's set on Thursday but me being my usual self was too awkward to do anything and before I knew it he was gone! 

Yeah I've seen both ends of the humanity scale.

Some incredibly kind people called their friends to get me a token for the unexpected stage (pond were sublimely good btw).

And leaving the magnetic fields gig I could hardly believe it but someone had gone through my bag and taken almost all my food. 

18 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

This has got to be my mate Mel. Haha. We are all from Stoke and my mate Mel went to meet some guy to give him his lost phone yesterday. Haha. Glad you got it back dude. We've found a lot this fest so far. I found €50 in a taxi, Mel's other half found something which won't be named but kept us dancing all night on Thursday, and of course this phone!! Karma is a wonderful thing.

8 hours ago, weston24 said:

The quiet main stage problem reappeared tonight for the xx, and RTJ didn't sound loud enough even though I was in the third row (which was still great fun obviously).

Priests, It's Not Not and Mitski were my highlights today. I spent a lot of time not feeling great which hampered me a bit.

Sound was terrible at ROTJ. Ended up leaving and watching Sleaford Mods who aced it. 

Sound was spot on for Slayer the previous night. 

Caught Front 242 and Wand later on both highlights 

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Well it's not a popular view it seems but genuinely I can barely think of a blander group that has played Primavera than Haim.

Identikit pop with little personality that coffee shops love to play.

They've played before 

3 hours ago, Calum stoke said:

This has got to be my mate Mel. Haha. We are all from Stoke and my mate Mel went to meet some guy to give him his lost phone yesterday. Haha. Glad you got it back dude. We've found a lot this fest so far. I found €50 in a taxi, Mel's other half found something which won't be named but kept us dancing all night on Thursday, and of course this phone!! Karma is a wonderful thing.

Ha no way! Seriously she saved my festival/holiday from being a total disaster - together with my crushing comedown I was seriously not having a great time yesterday morning. Tell her I love her.