Primavera Sound 2017

Orens

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The bit about several rappers performing is good, Probably Danny Brown and Schoolboy Q...as far as the new ones are concerned. I would love for Young Thug to be there or Dizzee Rascal doing a Boy in da Corner set. Cakes Da Killa as well.

Is it just me or did the google translate version of the bit about Can not really make sense though?

6 minutes ago, ZXCVBNM said:

The bit about several rappers performing is good, Probably Danny Brown and Schoolboy Q...as far as the new ones are concerned. I would love for Young Thug to be there or Dizzee Rascal doing a Boy in da Corner set. Cakes Da Killa as well.

Is it just me or did the google translate version of the bit about Can not really make sense though?

Run the Jewels, Anderson .Paak, Chance the Rapper, Mick Jenkins, Isaiah Rashad, obviously Frank Ocean.

11 hours ago, ZXCVBNM said:

Wasn't enthusiastic about Can as he says it's not the realthing without the bass player (Holger Czukay I take it)

Wasn't in the article but he said Aphex Twin was "very complicated", also: likes eels but always seem to be some problem getting them.

Blamed any problems with Mordor sound on the wind (and bands' demands eg Radiohead) which I don't swallow - I think he doesn't want to get into a row with the (new) town hall.

Anderson .Paak is opening for Bruno Mars' world tour (or at least the Euro leg?), so he's not available during PS.

That's tough, I wanted him badly in this year's lineup.

Q-Tip said the other day that A Tribe Called Quest will go on a final world tour. No dates yet, but it fits with the old school hip hop and reunion Gabi has mentioned Wednesday.

Aphex Twin will be playing Field Day, June 3rd (Saturday). Could play either Wednesday's freebies or Thursday at the Ray-Ban I assume? 

On 11/24/2016 at 10:53 PM, ZXCVBNM said:

I don't think Frank Ocean does any live shows does he? Chance the Rapper would be really good though, might be too soon for Run the Jewels to come back as well.

Gabi said it's hard to drag Frank to Europe as he's booked so many US concerts. He didn't deny it, though. Frank might do either PS or GovBall.

rtj played two years ago, got an attractive Ray-Ban spot but their name was pretty small on the poster, 5th row on that day. Coming in with a new album (a must in PS standards), an world tour and a known festival date during Primavera NOS' weekend, bringing them back makes tons of sense.

On 27.11.2016 at 5:19 PM, slowdive said:

ok, but via what? twitter, facebook, post concert conversation, etc.? couldn't find anything yet.

Obviously post-concert conversations, no source I can post. otherwise I would've linked it!  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

15 minutes ago, RaphPH said:

Frank Ocean headlining Lovebox as London exclusive and Aphex Twin headlining Field Day means both Prima safe bets

I'd love it but Lovebox is happening six weekends after PS. Gabi Ruiz said two weeks ago that bringing him over to Europe is difficult, since he's booked so many US concerts. Doing both Lovebox and PS would require either two Euro stints or seven weekends consecutive overseas, Just like LCD did last year. I hope he will come.

If the screenshot from Hinds' Snapchat is authentic (couldn't find any evidence of a fake), The Stone Roses won't be at PS.