Orens

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://www.nickcave.com/live/

Nick cave tours Australia and New Zealend in January, surely in time to get to Europe (or the States) for the summer.

His new album is hardly festival anthems material, but I reckon if he'll fit any major festival, it's probably Primavera. We've had some pretty sad/emotional type headliners (Like Anthony and the Johnsons) and they went well. I hope he'll be there.

My bet: If they can arrange the dates, Nick Cave will headline the Porto edition. He headlined in 2013, the second edition of the fest, and it was way less crowded than it is nowadays. Maybe they want him too for Barcelona but I reckon there are plenty of possible headliners, especially since they got 3 big names per day in order to fit Beach House, The xx or the fucking Shadow Puppets.

Btw: I can't see Demarco playing again. He first played in 2013 and then in 2015 thanks to the boost Salad Days gave him. Now I can't see any reason to book him again beyond the great show he put on two years ago but again, I don't think that's enough. He also played Benicassim like 3 months ago so I think Primavera will skip him this year.

Edited by Nesser

The xx played on 2012 and the festival was a lil different but, speaking in terms of today, they had the same stage and time as Tame Impala this year. Will they see their status updated after 5 years, a massive record from Jamie and a new record? Who knows. I want to believe they won't and they'll be the second name of a day because otherwise we already have Bon Iver and The xx as two of the three headliners and well, it's quite quiet tbh.

Edited by Nesser

I wouldn't mind a year where I'm not that bothered about the headliners after spending so much time at the main stages this year. I'd like to request Junior Boys and Mitski on the Pitchfork stage. Cloud Nothings and/or The Hotelier need to be back.

i like The xx and Bon Iver but those acts on the smaller stages are normally what Primavera is about for me. 

I've a strange feeling the Stone Roses will be at Primavera next year. Right dates, they have a bit of a love for Barcelona and the reformation thing fits the bill albeit 5 years too late

Something like 

The XX / Bon Iver

TSR / Justice

The Cure / Vampire Weekend

Edited by DiscothequeDave

35 minutes ago, ZXCVBNM said:

About 90% sure that is an ATP thing so I would be a bit wary of it actually happening. 

Definitely think this makes Royal Trux a lot more likely for Primavera though, Swans played in 2013 and 2015 so I'm not sure they'd be there again

I would think Swans have to be there if they're around. New and 'final' album and all.

Now you mention it, it is very Hogan - the Lou Reed title and the presence of Loop - so I'm apprehensive about it. But it says Victoria Warehouse are promoting it so I can't see why they'd sacrifice their strong reputation to push ATP 3.0. And it seems relatively cheap to be ATP.

Typos apart, there are three main flaws imo:

-Lack of big names: Blur, Arcade Fire, The Strokes, Radiohead, ¿Bon Iver?. I seriously think they won't be the biggest name on the poster.

-Even with the Boiler Room acts announced later, there aren't enough djs/dance acts.

-There are plenty of Spanish acts besides Hinds, Los Planetas and Los Punsetes :P

But hey, nice line-up overall.

6 minutes ago, Nesser said:

Lack of big names: Blur, Arcade Fire, The Strokes, Radiohead, ¿Bon Iver?. I seriously think they won't be the biggest name on the poster.

I think Frank Ocean, Bon Iver, The xx, Beck, The National and M.I.A. would be strong enough, although I think it would be slightly too alternative / not enough rock for a set of Primavera headliners.

Would be an amazing line up for me, has nearly everything I want. If we have half of them I'll be delighted.