Primavera Sound 2017

Orens

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They are working on it at the moment. The only stage split announced before the timetable used to be Pitchfork and ATP so without the latter there won’t be any news until the timetable is out.

When do they release the timetable? It changes every year but about a month before the festival. There are some bands which already know what stage and time they are playing at so my guess is that by the last week of April we may get it.

They clashed Swans with Blur in 2013 because a bunch of guys in a couple of Spanish forums argued they couldn't see Swans in their original slot and didn't want to see Blur. Also they have made some changes on Saturdays if Barça made it to the Champions League final but that's it (Gabi said that if Real Madrid would made it and the game would clash with some shows they didn't change anything lol)

So doesn't look like we're gonna get much/anything added to the lineup then right? (Unless they drop some new names in with the stage splits - I duno how they've done it in previous years).

Tbh as much as I'd go ape if they dropped a huge (or even small name I'm in to) in there, I'm kind of hoping they don't - already far too much to see. Cautiously awaiting the stage splits (hope they do come at the end of the month).

On 4/4/2017 at 11:10 AM, Nesser said:

They clashed Swans with Blur in 2013 because a bunch of guys in a couple of Spanish forums argued they couldn't see Swans in their original slot and didn't want to see Blur. Also they have made some changes on Saturdays if Barça made it to the Champions League final but that's it (Gabi said that if Real Madrid would made it and the game would clash with some shows they didn't change anything lol)

How would that work? Obviously being a football fan in Barcelona I would love to experience being there when the Champions League Final. But I wouldn't want to miss Arcade Fire. Would they come on later than usual or something?

Also, on an unrelated note, what's the score with alcohol at Primavera? What are the prices of beer, and is it possible to sneak any spirits in?

I found it a doddle to sneak in miniatures! I just lined them around the inside of my belt, easy. Strap/tape a flat half bottle to your upper thigh also works. To be honest..when I'm drunk I just stuff it down the back of my trousers and walk in. Have seen plenty people caught though :)

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

So doesn't look like we're gonna get much/anything added to the lineup then right? (Unless they drop some new names in with the stage splits - I duno how they've done it in previous years).

Tbh as much as I'd go ape if they dropped a huge (or even small name I'm in to) in there, I'm kind of hoping they don't - already far too much to see. Cautiously awaiting the stage splits (hope they do come at the end of the month).

The Avalanches were announced in April 13th, followed by Hidden Stage and the new Beach Club poster (42 names) in May, so why not?

There is no rush to announce late additions, especially as the festival doesn't need any further push to sell more tickets.

4 hours ago, Orens said:

The Avalanches were announced in April 13th, followed by Hidden Stage and the new Beach Club poster (42 names) in May, so why not?

There is no rush to announce late additions, especially as the festival doesn't need any further push to sell more tickets.

Ah I didn't realise it was that late on last year (didn't go but thought it was earlier). Fair enough then - I'll stop being impatient. Just so anxious to get a schedule sorted/see the final product.

Going Tuesday to Tuesday and struggling to find accommodation. Anyone got any ideas or spaces in an apartment? This will be my 6th Primavera. For my first four I stayed at Urbany, but last time in 2015 i stayed in an apartment with mates.. and it was so comfy.. not sure if I'm past hostels now..

On 7/4/2017 at 10:58 AM, jackarmy said:

How would that work? Obviously being a football fan in Barcelona I would love to experience being there when the Champions League Final. But I wouldn't want to miss Arcade Fire. Would they come on later than usual or something?

Also, on an unrelated note, what's the score with alcohol at Primavera? What are the prices of beer, and is it possible to sneak any spirits in?

I wasn't there in 2011 but it was something weird. They decided to broadcast the match between shows in order to keep the people inside the venue for security reasons -and economic reasons, obviously-. There was zero shows during the match at one of the stages and PJ Harvey, the headliner, asked to play after the match had ended.

I don't know what would happen today, honestly. Primavera 17 is not Primavera 11 so I don't know if they would repeat the same strategy.

Regarding alcohol: use your imagination and you will be fine :)

On 4/9/2017 at 10:15 AM, xxialac said:

He's playing Field Day so can't see why he wouldn't be playing Primavera the same weekend unless visa issues but agree suspicious that no longer listed on the programme.

Also see Mew are touring Europe around the time of the fest. Would love to see them as an add.

King Sunny Ade is back...

http://www.primaverasound.es/2017_artists?id=179