Orens

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, bocumaroy said:

In the event that it doesn't sell out, has anyone got any experience in booking flights/accommodation just a few weeks in advance? 

I'd like to go again but won't know if it's possible until my exam timetable comes out, which is cutting pretty fine even if there are tickets left.

I've bought my flights around mid-april every time I've been, there's usually a ryanair sale on around then, don't think I've ever spent more than about £80 for return? Also a lot of accomodation has free cancellation up to the end of may...

26 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Japandroids Sunday show will be a killer. Thursday is the strongest day to my eyes.

Yeah I agree, tho it seems more evenly distributed than normal.

Are Sunday shows as oversubscribed as the Wednesday things apparently are or have people gone home?

Edited by dentalplan

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah I agree, tho it seems more evenly distributed than normal.

Are Sunday shows as oversubscribed as the Wednesday things apparently are or have people gone home?

They're free to the public so they're busy. Crowd was pants this year for Bradford Cox (basically just Deerhunter doing a jam session, then NEH) but a bit better for Black Lips. In a different location though, much more central in the city. But not as busy as Wednesday, come to think of it.

I went to the Apolo on the Sunday 2014 and got in easily for Cloud Nothings, turned up around an hour early. Went to BARTS in 2015 and didn't bother with any Sunday night gigs this year but would assume that it would have been quite busy with the lineup it had.

Japandroids will be busy, but depends what else is on and turning up in time for the first band should still get you in I would say.

Evening. I'm contemplating going to this, as i missed out on Glastonbury tickets. I'll no doubt have a few dumbarse questions over the next few weeks, for which i can only apologise.

first up, is it a physical ticket that needs to be posted to me, or are they etickets? Or is there the posdibility to collect them on arrival? I can't seem to find this info on their website

3 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Evening. I'm contemplating going to this, as i missed out on Glastonbury tickets. I'll no doubt have a few dumbarse questions over the next few weeks, for which i can only apologise.

first up, is it a physical ticket that needs to be posted to me, or are they etickets? Or is there the posdibility to collect them on arrival? I can't seem to find this info on their website

e-tickets

I saw St Etienne a few years ago at Primavera and thought they were an embarrassment live whose sound had aged terribly (though I do like some of their early recorded output). Wedding Present were quite fun but forgettable just before Blur in 2013.

Didn't like the latest Local Natives record but I agree maybe I've been a bit harsh, am now re-considering Kate Tempest and agree it's not bad all. 

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

I saw St Etienne a few years ago at Primavera and thought they were an embarrassment live whose sound had aged terribly (though I do like some of their early recorded output). Wedding Present were quite fun but forgettable just before Blur in 2013.

Didn't like the latest Local Natives record but I agree maybe I've been a bit harsh, am now re-considering Kate Tempest and agree it's not bad all. 

Saint Etienne were one of the best bands I saw this year, tremendous fun.

Justice, Bon Iver, Aphex Twin, The Make-Up, Skepta, Swans, Shellac, Run The Jewels, Metronomy, Ritchie Hawtin, Angel Olsen, Japandroids, Elza Soares, Death Grips, Whitney, King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard, Hamilton Leithauser, Teenage Fanclub, Weyes Blood, The Growlers, Pond, Grandaddy, Tycho, The Black Angels, Bicep, Flying Lotus, Against Me!, Royal Trux, Nicolas Jaar, Miguel, Rodrigo Leão & Scott Matthew, Mano Le Tough, Lady Wray, Cigarettes After Sex, Mitski, Jeremy Jay, Julien Baker, Operators, Nikki Lane, Cymbals Eat Guitars, Núria Graham, Wand, First Breath After Coma, Samuel Úria, Evols

Right, i'm sorry for another dumbass question. How much of the music takes place in this big outdoor venue and how much of it is inside (if i understand correctly) smaller venues with limited capacity and queuing?