Primavera Sound 2017

Orens

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi everyone.  Not sure if this is the right place to post but I'll give it a ago.

We've managed to get tickets for Primavera 2017 for our first visit.  Really enjoyed reading the rumours everyone has posted - we're hoping Elbow, Charlatans, Flaming Lips and The The might make an appearance!

I had a couple of questions for anyone who has been before.

If you stay in the centre is it fairly easy to get back and forth to the site or would it be better to get a place near the site?

For anyone who flew in form London - flights are currently ridiculously expensive, did you find waiting till a lot nearer helped with your flight cost?

We saw the dates on the tickets are 1-3 June , does much happen on 31st May and 4th June ?

Any other tips appreciated!

Hey there. 

-Seriously doubt any of those bands will make it. Flaming Lips are playing Vida Festival and the other three would fit best in Benicassim, tbh.

-I'm not from Barcelona so I don't know what is the actual centre of the city. Anyhow, I've always stayed near Sagrada Familia and ended up going by taxi (~10€ I guess). Keep in mind that the closer you stay, the more you will pay for the place.

-On the 31st they held a mini-welcome day: 5-6 shows with free entrance + shows in clubs. On the 4th they continue with shows at small clubs. You can check previous years' lineups in order to see what you could expect for those days. http://lineup.primaverasound.es/2016_program?lang=en

On ‎06‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 0:19 PM, portobelloroad said:

Hi everyone.  Not sure if this is the right place to post but I'll give it a ago.

We've managed to get tickets for Primavera 2017 for our first visit.  Really enjoyed reading the rumours everyone has posted - we're hoping Elbow, Charlatans, Flaming Lips and The The might make an appearance!

I had a couple of questions for anyone who has been before.

If you stay in the centre is it fairly easy to get back and forth to the site or would it be better to get a place near the site?

For anyone who flew in form London - flights are currently ridiculously expensive, did you find waiting till a lot nearer helped with your flight cost?

We saw the dates on the tickets are 1-3 June , does much happen on 31st May and 4th June ?

Any other tips appreciated!

It was our first time at Primavera last year.  Stayed in Sant Marti area at the Holiday Inn on the festival site. Hotel was clean and tidy and not too expensive.(a few of the smaller bands stayed there too.   

Was about a 30 minute walk to festival site though you could easily get a tram or bus to the site - we didn't mind the walk as stopped off in a few hostelries on the way. Flew Ryanair from Edinburgh and prices for this year were about £60 dearer than last so have opted for Norwegan air or something like that this year. - don't think the prices get cheaper the closer you get to the event if anything they will go up.

The first night we just used to get a feel for the lay of the land - you'll have a blast.

The Ryanair flights really dropped a lot coming back. only £38 coming back on Monday to Edinburgh

Think Wedding Present a cert for primavera with the excellent new album. hoping for Teenage Fanclub in Apollo on Wednesday or Hidden stage

Edited by Fnmentaluk

I had the chance to talk to Fra Solar (Primavera's head of booking) the other day, and it looks like PS' main criteria to book headliners who've already been there recently is a new album.

If they'd like to book Arcade Fire, and the album is due to be released by then (it sure looks like it), I believe they'd do it.

The announcement could come even earlier than expected. PS already has 180 confirmed acts on the bill, and already talking with some acts about 2018. Probably those who will tour the North American festivals in June 2017.

Japandroids, Bon Iver looks pretty certain right now.

Looking forward to Justice's album this friday.

Soulwax are back with a new single and EU spring tour dates. Seems like the new project they've been working on is ready.

No Spain dates after being in FiB and BBK last year. They haven't been in Barcelona since 2010 (their last Spain show until FiB+BBK), and never been in PS as Soulwax (2manydjs had their last gig there in 2006).

It's about time.

8 minutes ago, Orens said:

Soulwax are back with a new single and EU spring tour dates. Seems like the new project they've been working on is ready.

No Spain dates after being in FiB and BBK last year. They haven't been in Barcelona since 2010 (their last Spain show until FiB+BBK), and never been in PS as Soulwax (2manydjs had their last gig there in 2006).

It's about time.

Outstanding at Pukkelpop a couple of months ago and should be on fire after the tour. Manchester date as well which is great for me.

Gabi did a 40 minute facebook video (audio really) this afternoon. No major revelations, this Spanish website and done a pretty accurate summary of what he said. Wasn't dropping any names but he did rule a few people out. There will be some ticket resale and VIP changes. Beach Club will be back with a stage nearer the sea.

http://www.binaural.es/noticias/los-puntos-clave-del-facebook-live-gabi-ruiz-primavera-sound-2017/

(ask here if Google translate doesn't make it clear)

2 hours ago, Hip Priest said:

Gabi did a 40 minute facebook video (audio really) this afternoon. No major revelations, this Spanish website and done a pretty accurate summary of what he said. Wasn't dropping any names but he did rule a few people out. There will be some ticket resale and VIP changes. Beach Club will be back with a stage nearer the sea.

http://www.binaural.es/noticias/los-puntos-clave-del-facebook-live-gabi-ruiz-primavera-sound-2017/

(ask here if Google translate doesn't make it clear)

Old School rappers has got to be Eric B & Rakim and possibly a Tribe called quest.