Sign in to follow this  
Superscally

Forrest Gump II?

14 hours ago, Superscally said:

Cheers guys! If I'm still running in June, I'll be back for Glasto and will be doing 10k a day around the site in full Gump gear if you want to say hi or join in! 

I would be so worried about turning an ankle just before the fest doing that (plus I can't be bothered!).

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Superscally said:

It'll be during too H, see how you feel Sunday morning eh? ;-) 

I can't generally summon the will to live on a Sunday morning mate, let along do a 10k!

True story, during the storm/flood of 2005, I walked over to the stalls by the Other Stage on the Friday morning, some bloke in full jogging came mincing past out on a jog. At least he was sticking to the metal pathways though so, you know, that's fine!

On 02/12/2016 at 10:58 PM, Homer said:

I can't generally summon the will to live on a Sunday morning mate, let along do a 10k!

True story, during the storm/flood of 2005, I walked over to the stalls by the Other Stage on the Friday morning, some bloke in full jogging came mincing past out on a jog. At least he was sticking to the metal pathways though so, you know, that's fine!

That wasn't me!! :-D 

Mrs oneeye and me have just watched your latest video sat in bed with a cuppa, truly inspirational; memories of Muse & The Edge :)

Well done on your endeavours so far, there is no doubt that you will crack this epic challenge, and all with a smile and a crazy beard!

If you do get to Glastonbury this year I would imagine you'll not need to buy a drink for 5 days, certainly there is a cold one waiting at a bar of your choice from both of us.

Easiest donation ever made; done.

Keep sate, healthy and running,

Pete & Sue x 

6 hours ago, Superscally said:

Cheers Woffy! As a result you get a present that no-one has seen yet! Midway through today's run:

DSC_3144~01.jpg

Honoured. 

4000 miles. 

Staggering!!!

RunRoblaRun!

Thanks for bumping this .... absolutely brilliant story and some great clips. Like the previous poster asked, are you going to make it this year?

Thanks guys! Support means a lot. I'm hoping to reach Marshall Point Lighthouse in about a month. Currently in Wartburg, Tennessee! Make it to Glasto? I hope so :-) 

This is quite a feat sir! 

Congrats, hope you make it to the farm, you certainly deserve to

Edited by Schmicheal

And 15 months later, with a stop-off in England in the middle, our Robla has run clear to the ocean 4 times! Incredible!!!

Wish I'd have seen you at Glastonbury feller!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Simpo said:

And 15 months later, with a stop-off in England in the middle, our Robla has run clear to the ocean 4 times! Incredible!!!

Wish I'd have seen you at Glastonbury feller!

Thanks for posting Simpo! Should have finished by the next one!!

IMG_2309.JPG

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Superscally said:

Thanks for posting Simpo! Should have finished by the next one!!

IMG_2309.JPG

Brilliant. I made my first marathon this year after we met at Glastonbury. Think that was enough for me though! (especially after needing 2 months for my knees to recover after). Yours is an astonishing achievement!

Edited by fightoffyour

Was surprised and happy to see you on the tv this morning, you were great, lovely for everyone to see your amazing achievement, best wishes for the New Year. Charm x 

5 hours ago, Charm said:

Was surprised and happy to see you on the tv this morning, you were great, lovely for everyone to see your amazing achievement, best wishes for the New Year. Charm x 

Thanks, just got it up on iPlayer. Rob’s on at about 2:40:00 into the programme or 08:40 on the clock if anyone else wants to have a watch.

On 19/12/2017 at 8:51 AM, fightoffyour said:

Brilliant. I made my first marathon this year after we met at Glastonbury. Think that was enough for me though! (especially after needing 2 months for my knees to recover after). Yours is an astonishing achievement!

A one-off marathon is still scarily tough! Well done! Hope you do another :)

On 28/12/2017 at 9:07 AM, Charm said:

Aw thanks! It was a lot of fun! All the best to you too...and your next post! Here comes the 1,000! :)

• Like 1