Pukkelpop 2017

DDave

7 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Ticket was 200 euros this year. Difference is that this includes rail travel in Belgium to and from the festival which is great. This also includes free shuttle buses to the festival site from Hasselt if you decide not to camp. Flights to Brussels are normally more expensive than the flights to Charleroi but is easier and quicker.

Food and drink is a bit more expensive. Beer is 6 euros a pint. They don't sell spirits apart from possibly Bacardi.

I've been reading about and I know that there are coaches from London which could be fine... or maybe the Eurostar to Brussels perhaps? May take longer but would prefer to take the cheaper option.

So the combi ticket includes Belgium travel you say?

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, jakecase said:

I've been reading about and I know that there are coaches from London which could be fine... or maybe the Eurostar to Brussels perhaps? May take longer but would prefer to take the cheaper option.

Yeah, a return standard class from any station in Belgium. 

Eurostar from London would be no problem. I've looked into it before but I travel from Manchester so adds another couple of hours on for me.

It really is a great festival with a great vibe and the Belgians are great people . It's very hard for me to look at a UK festival in the same way afterwards.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

1 hour ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Yeah, a return standard class from any station in Belgium. 

Eurostar from London would be no problem. I've looked into it before but I travel from Manchester so adds another couple of hours on for me.

It really is a great festival with a great vibe and the Belgians are great people . It's very hard for me to look at a UK festival in the same way afterwards.

I feel the same, once you go to a European festival it's hard to look back to the UK ones. In fact I've only done a handful of UK festivals since going to Europe for festivals. 

43 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Pixies playing France August 2nd. Must be due a return.

Pixies are also posible for Lokerse Feesten. Every year that festival steals 3 or 4 "oldie" bands that I was expecting for Pukkelpop (I remember Garbage, Neil Finn, Robert Plant, Chic ft. Nile Rodgers, Letfield, The Jesus & Mary Chain... in the last couple of years)

First Lowlands names: 

Mumford and Sons | The xx | Editors | alt-J | Elbow | Flume | Iggy Pop | Moderat | Ben Klock | Cashmere Cat | Dixon | Mac DeMarco | mura masa | Noord Nederlands Orkest | Nothing But Thieves | Ty Segall | Tove Lo

I'm almost sure that Mumford will be Pukkelpop headliners next year.

Let's see if they repeat a headline band from the last 3 editions (The XX, Editors and Alt-J headlined Pukkelpop in 2014/2015). I think that The XX and Alt-J will be in Werchter.

Edited by johnybegood

Mumford and Sons | The xx | Editors | alt-J | Elbow | Flume | Iggy Pop | Moderat | Ben Klock | Cashmere Cat | Dixon | Mac DeMarco | mura masa | Noord Nederlands Orkest | Nothing But Thieves | Ty Segall | Tove Lo

for Lowlands!

edit: too late

Edited by Noeliam

19 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

First Lowlands names: 

Let's see if they repeat a headline band from the last 3 editions (The XX, Editors and Alt-J headlined Pukkelpop in 2014/2015). I think that The XX and Alt-J will be in Werchter.

Didn't know Lowlands were announcing today.

The XX are now 100%. Hopefully another festival will take Editors and they will give Mumford a swerve. Yes please to most of the others, especially Iggy.

46 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

First Lowlands names: 

The XX played in 2013, so not an unusual repeat. And at Pukkelpop they're able to play in the dark.

Alt-J has been announced for RW weeks ago ;)

Ruled out - 

Foo Fighters, Arcade Fire, System of a Down, Radiohead, Linkin Park, Coldplay, Bruno Mars, Justin Bieber, Kings of Leon, Blink 182, Placebo, Rammstein, Guns N Roses, Fleet Foxes, Robbie Williams

Probably ruled out - 
Aerosmith (Graspop), Alt-J

In the mix (announced for festivals in mid - late August -

Mumford and Sons, The XX, Editors, Muse, Prodigy, Kasabian, Foals, Iggy Pop,  Pixies, Lana Del Rey, Rise Against, Billy Talent, Benjamin Clementine, Ty Seagall Major Lazer, Kygo, Bastille, Andy C, Glass Animals, At the Drive In, Moderat, Wanda, Kraftklub, Bonez MC & Raf Camora, White Lies, Foreign Beggars, Sub Focus, Elbow, Flume, Ben Klock, Cashmere Cat,Dixon, Mac DeMarco , mura masa, Noord Nederlands Orkest, Nothing But Thieves, Tove Lo, Car Seat Headrest, London Grammar, Vince Staples, Angel Olsen, Jenny Hval, Maceo Plex, Jon Hopkins, Bicep

Looking a bit more positive after the last few announcements. Plenty of bands to choose from so it shouldn't be a lightweight bill like 2015. Tomorrows Sziget will probably have a selection of whats already been announced for Flow, Lowlands and Frequency. However with a headliner that's not been announced yet and with the 3rd Reading and Leeds headliner to come (assuming the 2nd will be Kasabian) and even V fest to come we should be in for another decent year.

First Oya Festival (8-12th August - Norway) names: 

Lana Del Rey, The Hellacopters, Lars Vaular, MØ, Mac DeMarco, Jenny Hval, Vince Staples, Angel Olsen, Car Seat Headrest, Nils Bech, BadBadNotGood, Charlotte Dos Santos, Julia Jacklin, Sigrid, Silja Sol, Stein Torleif Bjella, Hester V75, Daniel Kvammen, andJohn Olav Nilsen & Nordsjoen

Would love to see Hellacopters at Pukkelpop.

Edited by johnybegood

On 12/8/2016 at 11:36 PM, Semprini said:

I wouldn't get your hopes up too much, they like to take their time at PKP towers!!

Interesting to see Lowlands first announcement was over 6 weeks earlier than the announcement for 2016.

I reckon we're in for a January announcement for PP.

Few names for Grape Festival in Slovakia the week before. Moderat are surely a certainty for Pukkelpop.

http://www.grapefestival.sk/en/line-up

On 12/13/2016 at 9:48 AM, jakecase said:

Brussels Eurostar is definitely doable (did this myself in 2015) then train from Brussels to Hasselt is very straight forward and free as long as you print the ticket out which they tell you about closer to the time. It was a first foreign festival for myself and the missus and people were extremely friendly and helpful - food's great, I like the voucher scheme they use to get food/drinks and just had no issues with the experience as a whole. 

Long time lurker, first time poster. Been going to PKP since '98, I think. Seems like there are some decent bands touring, Moderat certainly would be great. Hope to see a better bill than last year. The site lay-out however was greatly improved last year, hope they keep it. Guess we could write down the XX, if they went to Werchter they already would have been announced by now?

Edited by Stef_P82

14 minutes ago, Stef_P82 said:

Long time lurker, first time poster. Been going to PKP since '98, I think. Seems like there are some decent bands touring, Moderat certainly would be great. Hope to see a better bill than last year. The site lay-out however was greatly improved last year, hope they keep it. Guess we could write down the XX, if they went to Werchter they already would have been announced by now?

One reason they wouldn't have been announced is their show in Belgium hasn't sold out yet. 

Regardless of that, I'm pretty sure they'll be at Pukkelpop and a welcome booking they would be too.

Agreed about the layout. It was perfect and should be kept that way.

The line up this year for me was the best in years but I'm a big fan of LCD, the Chems and Soulwax so there were already a lot of boxes ticked for me anyway. Rihanna was a disgrace, goes without saying.

If that does turn out to be the case, then it's a bit earlier than normal. They do have a habit of delaying things though. I'm sure I remember them announcing a date a couple of years ago and the actual announcement ended up being a few weeks later than they said.

Main problem (if it can really be classed as a problem!) is that by leaving it late we've nearly always worked out most of the top of the line up just by looking at other festivals on at that time. Don't even think they were the first to announce Rihanna last year and that one was early for PKP?