Pukkelpop 2017

DDave

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, SilverLining said:

If Gorillaz get announced in a non-headlining capacity I'd actually scream. Can't see it happening though.

Me neither but they're definitely about and are adding dates as they go on. It looks very much an impromptu thing as its very late in the season and as I've said most if not all the festivals have announced their headliners. 

2 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Me neither but they're definitely about and are adding dates as they go on. It looks very much an impromptu thing as its very late in the season and as I've said most if not all the festivals have announced their headliners. 

So have Pukkelpop...

Slightly unrelated but I just had a look what sort of places they are playing out of curiosity - The Red Rocks Amphitheater looks an awesome setting for a gig

48 minutes ago, arteet said:

So have Pukkelpop...

Slightly unrelated but I just had a look what sort of places they are playing out of curiosity - The Red Rocks Amphitheater looks an awesome setting for a gig

Yeah, supposed to be America's best gig venue. I'll cross it off my list one day.

So Dour has now completed its line up, with most notably M.I.A in the final announcement. As much as I love the dance DJs and live acts on offer at PKP, I'd swap them with Dour without a moments thought. It's really strong across a whole range of genres and I'd seriously struggle to fit it all in, despite the fact it goers on for 5 days!!

Missed a Lowlands announcement a couple of weeks ago but it was mostly DJs and live dance acts. The two line ups are the most similar they've been for quite a few years so possibly a reflection of the current state of the festival scene/circuit??

In the absence of any news, thought I'd throw a little game out there for a bit of fun!! This only works on a laptop or desktop but look at the line up section by day and choose from the 'lines of three'. Categories are:

1) Strongest line (as in biggest names - doesn't matter whether you like them or not!!)

2) Your favourite line

3) Weakest line or least favourite (has to be three!)

Here's mine:

1) Ben Klock, Chance the Rapper and Cypress Hill

2) Richie Hawtin, Rodhad and Sampha

3) Editors, Enter Shikari and Faces on TV

Looked at a couple of those options myself tczy!

Some new Lowlands names today. Solange is probably the biggest of the bunch but wouldn't be surprised to see Feist and Bloody Beetroots (live) also on the bill come August.

Picked up tonight that Cashmere Cat will be in the Castello on Saturday.

14 minutes ago, SilverLining said:

I can't see/find this poster to take part :(, Any idea when the next announcement was last year as they've kept pretty closely in line with announcement dates from last year?

Last year, we got new names on friday 29th of april. Then another batch of 40 on friday 17th of june. And because Rock Werchter wasn't sold out, Pukkelpop had to wait till Rock Werchter started before announcing the "shared" acts Bring Me The Horizon and The Last Shadow Puppets. There you go ;)

Edited by DaveRSV4

42 minutes ago, SilverLining said:

I can't see/find this poster to take part :(, Any idea when the next announcement was last year as they've kept pretty closely in line with announcement dates from last year?

Also, Petit Bazaar returning? if so, what theme would people want or expect?

It's not a poster - just the 'line up' section of the home page. Click on one of the days and the bands are arranged in rows of three. Bit of a silly game really but I was bored waiting for some news!! ;)

Not sure about Petit Bazar, as in the theme or whether it will even be there? I think what with the rumours about the Shelter it's difficult to know or predict what the site will look like this year?

We've had an announcement each month so far but obviously running out of time for April. Hoping we'll hear something next week. 

Edit: Chokri's daughter tweeted yesterday something along the lines of 'isn't it time for some news? #pkp17' and the official account replied 'almost' to someone asking 'is it time for new names?' Could mean we may hear something in the next couple of days!

Edited by Semprini

1) Strongest line (as in biggest names - doesn't matter whether you like them or not!!)

2) Your favourite line

3) Weakest line or least favourite (has to be three!)

-------------------------

1) Richie Hawtin (CLOSE), Rodhad, Sampha

2) London Grammar (although I wish Mount Kimbie were on this line not below), Macky Gee, Mefjus

3) Sigma, Sigrid, STIKSTOF

-----

Was petit bazaar new for last year?

Some nice choices there SilverLining, love a bit of DnB at PKP!!! Really hoping Dimension gets announced as his productions are amazing.

Petit Bazar has been there for a while now (maybe 5 years?) but has changed location a couple of times. It used to be on the right by the entrance and I can't remember if there was a year when it was where the Foodwood is now? They've tried a few things over the years, such as an Arabian Tea Lounge, comedy/theatre tent, Salon Fou and more recently Baraque Futur, so I imagine they'll continue to experiment and play about with the areas.

3 minutes ago, Trufflehound said:

Nope, that was always the mint tea and water pipe place, for about 10 years before Foodwood.

They did also put that museum there the anniversary year (2010) with all the big line up posters and the enclosed exhibition. Remember stumbling around there one afternoon trying to avoid knocking things over, whilst resisting the temptation to help myself to some memorabilia!!

Realistic new names could be Foals, Roosevelt, Bloody Beetroots, Wiz Khalifa and Lana Del Rey. Haim owe us an appearance so would be surprised if they weren't added. Major Lazer are always likely to pop up but I hope they give it a miss this year.

Feist, Jesus and Mary Chain, Goldfrapp, Pet Shop Boys and Orbital + others have been announced for Brussels Summer Festival so almost certainly ruled out - http://bsf.be/en

Run the Jewels are now ruled out (US dates).Weezer and  De La Soul are also sadly ruled out.

2 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Realistic new names could be Foals, Roosevelt, Bloody Beetroots, Wiz Khalifa and Lana Del Rey. Haim owe us an appearance so would be surprised if they weren't added. Major Lazer are always likely to pop up but I hope they give it a miss this year.

Wiz Khalifa is way to expensive, Lana Del Rey probs wants a high spot which are all filled in. Foals could be the sub for Saturday and Bloody Beetroots could be Dancehall sub on Saturday. Roosevelt seems very likely.. When I've time I'll make a lil schedule with some artists that are most likely to be added or something idk.. 

5 minutes ago, tczy said:

Someone just asked the PKP twitter account about new names, to which they replied "Binnenkort!". Google tells me that means shortly: Could we be getting new names today? 

Would love to think so, but don't get too excited. When they use 'binnenkort' in move trailers to mean 'coming soon', that could still be anything up to a month away... (i.e. it doesn't mean immediately, which would be 'meteen')

Edited by Trufflehound