Pukkelpop 2017

DDave

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Now that's a line up.

Puts a few in the mix and probably rules a few others out.  Sadly the Lemon Twigs have been ruled out - recording their next album and also doing 2 other Belgian festivals this summer.

outside-lands-2017-lineup.jpg

Wow that's impressive

56 minutes ago, Disco_Fudge said:

so is that the lineup complete? Or are there any more announcements to come?

Depending on what they do with the stages, anywhere from 50-85 more names to come. 

Edit- the website stay just under 200 artists so they looks as there will be a stage or two sacrificed. There was nearly 250 names last year if I'm right in thinking.

So around 60-70 odd names to go by the looks of things. A good proportion of these will be Belgian artists though

Edited by DiscothequeDave

31 minutes ago, Disco_Fudge said:

cool, cheers. Does that likely mean smaller/unsigned Belgian artists? I.e. maybe not Soulwax/Goose/Mumbai Science

Yeah. Mumbai Science haven't played for a couple of years so more likely to appear. Soulwax played last year. Goose are at another Belgian festival but doesn't entirely rule them out.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

Interesting article about Coachella here discussing some of the behind the scenes stuff. Very geeky discussions about where to place the EDM names on the bill, and interesting to find out that most festivals are owned by a handful of big corporates! LiveNation run dozens in Europe, and I wonder if that has more of a bearing on who plays where. Lots of artist could tour the European festivals just by being signed up on one deal with LiveNation!

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/04/17/the-mastermind-behind-coachella

Hey guys! It‘s me again. Remember the girl from South America that asked for advice? 

After lots of consideration and planning, I have decided to attend Pukkelpop. I wasn‘t sure if I could afford to take a detour on my UK trip to go, but now that I finally have a definite itinerary I realized there aren‘t any affordable (within my budget) accommodation in/around Hasselt anymore. However, I found a couple of good options in both Genk (which is closer to the festival) and Maastricht (farther but more options overall).

Is there any way, either by train or bus, that I can get to either of those cities after the festival. I know there are shuttles from the festival to Hasselt train station, and that the Kiewit one is within walkable distance, but I have no idea up until what time public transportation from those stations will be running, or if there are even enough frequencies between said cities.

I know I‘ve taken a long time to decide and it that might be too late. Camping unfortunately is not an option since it‘s too expensive for a solo traveller. I‘d love to attend but I worry it might be a lot of hustle and, ultimately, will not be worth the trouble. Help a gal, please!

8 minutes ago, itsmemartina said:

Hey guys! It‘s me again. Remember the girl from South America that asked for advice? 

After lots of consideration and planning, I have decided to attend Pukkelpop. I wasn‘t sure if I could afford to take a detour on my UK trip to go, but now that I finally have a definite itinerary I realized there aren‘t any affordable (within my budget) accommodation in/around Hasselt anymore. However, I found a couple of good options in both Genk (which is closer to the festival) and Maastricht (farther but more options overall).

Is there any way, either by train or bus, that I can get to either of those cities after the festival. I know there are shuttles from the festival to Hasselt train station, and that the Kiewit one is within walkable distance, but I have no idea up until what time public transportation from those stations will be running, or if there are even enough frequencies between said cities.

I know I‘ve taken a long time to decide and it that might be too late. Camping unfortunately is not an option since it‘s too expensive for a solo traveller. I‘d love to attend but I worry it might be a lot of hustle and, ultimately, will not be worth the trouble. Help a gal, please!

https://www.pukkelpop.be/en/camping/

I haven't checked but maybe in this camping upgrade there's some prepitched tent or other options cheaper than a room elsewhere.

20 minutes ago, itsmemartina said:

Sent you a PM

31 minutes ago, Semprini said:

Jackmaster is currently streaming live on B@TV from Annie Mac's Lost and Found festival. He's then going b2b with Armand in about an hour but the set won't be archived - watch it live or wait for PKP!!

https://be-at.tv/brands/st-pauls-bay/lost-found-festival-2017-day-1/jackmaster

Watching it at the mo. My kind of set.

Yeah, Jackmaster was quality. Still can't make my mind up as to what they'll do with him? Castello is the obvious option as the b2b will be in the Boiler but think he'd be amazing in the Booth.

Strong start from the pair of them - would be more than happy to hear a few classics come August!

I'm sure many of you are already on it but the Coachella stream is re-running last nights action. Quite a few PKP bands on over the weekend but there's The xx, Stormzy, Oh Wonder, Mac Demarco, Richie Hawtin and Sampha today. Bonobo and The Lemon Twigs now coming on and looking forward to a bit of Jagwar Ma and Empire of the Sun later.

http://live.coachella.com/

Good spot DaveRSV4!

Think Afghan Whigs played the Marquee a few years back so would imagine they'll be there again.

Been dipping in and out of the Coachella stream all day and just watched about half of the xx's set. I'll most likely have too many other things going on late Thursday night to catch it all but they put on a really decent show so will definitely try and see at least some of their set.

Now tuned in to Maceo Plex from DGTL in Amsterdam. He's absolutely smashing it and would love to see him added to the bill.

So....Saturday sub headliner, assuming there is one.

Thankfully, Ellie Goulding is ruled out due to V festival

Other realistic options are Alt-J if they are free (exact dates for Lowlands etc haven't been posted online yet from what I can see)

Wiz Khalifa is another option and probably one of the front runners for that slot.

I'm just wondering if the organisers may try and bust a gut to get Gorillaz now that they're doing festivals. In the States the week before. Would be a great bit of business getting them.

1 hour ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Other realistic options are Alt-J if they are free

They're on RW and headlined in 2015? I mean, I'd have nothing against it but idk. With them added they'd have almost only headliners who played there in the last 4 years or so? Editors (2014), The XX (2013), Bastille (2015) and... Alt-J (2015) .. I think Rise Against will sub with ATDI & Afghan Whigs in the Marquee

The line-up for house/techno/disco artists at this stage is actually great, I hope it doesn't get too loaded with them though. I prefer those artists in the Castello & Booth to the Boiler, the sound (apart from acts like DVS1, Rodhad, Helena Hauff etc) doesnt really translate well to an arena that huge for me. 

I want to see more acts going booked for the boiler such as Mumbai Science, Fake Blood, Sinichi Osawa, Zombie Nation, Paul Chambers...

Im really looking forward to seeing Mr Oizo & Mount Kimbie though.

With who is already announced i've got a lot on.

6 hours ago, SilverLining said:

The line-up for house/techno/disco artists at this stage is actually great, I hope it doesn't get too loaded with them though. I prefer those artists in the Castello & Booth to the Boiler, the sound (apart from acts like DVS1, Rodhad, Helena Hauff etc) doesnt really translate well to an arena that huge for me. 

I want to see more acts going booked for the boiler such as Mumbai Science, Fake Blood, Sinichi Osawa, Zombie Nation, Paul Chambers...

Im really looking forward to seeing Mr Oizo & Mount Kimbie though.

With who is already announced i've got a lot on.

Great suggestions. Shininchi Osawa would be a dream booking for me. I asked him on twitter about European dates but his reply was 'sadly not'. Maybe we should start a crowdfunder to get him there. Would be an ace booking.

The dance side of it is sorted and competes with most predominantly dance festivals this summer. Any decent additions would be a bonus.