Pukkelpop 2017

DDave

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, SilverLining said:

this image for anyone that hasn't seen it.. 

Dance line-up so far is pretty heavy on House/Techno/Disco acts this year but its most the actually good folk so therefore its just reinforcing an already strong line-up for me :) really happy.

Screen Shot 2017-03-29 at 08.20.48.png

Saturday is still a little on the weak side for me. Ryan Adams is surprisingly small in terms of font size.

also in the line-up video a few names that pop up have the symbols for the stages from last year also come up next to them, can we assume that these acts will be playing on these stages? 

by re-watching i don't think thats the case as the placings would be all over the shop

Edited by SilverLining

Pukkelpop has the best line up of all august European Festivals, but for my is a tragedy that they had killed Shelter Stage. I used to spend there lot of time during the festival. For me PKP is not PKP without Shelter. It's what made this festival different for me. Now is just a good festival, but for somebody that is not into electronic and hiphop music everything has changed... 

That Thursday looks so stacked compared to the other two days :P Goddamn, looks really good. There's gonna be a lot of clashes this year for me, if I can go atleast hm. Yes, noticed that aswell. The Shins, Ryan Adams are small just like the regular acts. Though I expect them both in Marquee, well done tho again. The Shelters is indd dead and it's probably just going to be a few hardcore/punk bands just spread around the whole field, which is a shame. Tho Saturday looks kinda having a lot of rougher bands, no?

Updated it: http:///s/pkp2017 :') 

2 minutes ago, arcuse said:

That Thursday looks so stacked compared to the other two days

Great dance line up on Thursday, but Editors, Interpol, PJ Harvey, Interpol on the same night, and then the Shins and Ryan Adams too, seems a lot.

Is it a case of so many festivals that you take people when they're passing, or do they want people to come for one day at a time?

Pretty decent announcement for me. AVH b2b Jackmaster will be mental and great that Jackmaster is doing a set on his own too. Happy to also see Floating Points, Nicolas Jaar, Sampha, Stormzy, Antal, Black Sun Empire and Talaboman on the line up too. Not much drum and bass at the moment but like others have said, the dance line up is superb. 

Love announcements where there's loads of stuff I've never heard of before! Will get on the case tonight listening to all he new bands and DJs.

Had a thought about the Shelter situation: Thursday has lots of hip hop/RnB artists while Saturday is punk/rock/metal heavy. It was quite a few years ago that they last did it but I'm wondering if they will have a stage that changes genre each day? They had something similar at Reading where the Lock up stage changed over the weekend so perhaps that is the plan? Not sure how Friday fits in with this theory at the moment but still plenty of time for that to work itself out? ;) 

Shelter is just disappearing because festivals like Alcatraz and Ieperfest are gaining traction. Punk/metal bands can be higher on the line up there and play for their own crowd, punkers/metalheads don't have to mix in with the dance people. It turns out better for most (except the people liking a bit of everything).

While a sad decision, it's also an understandable one.

Bang into that Talaboman record. Nicholas Jaar a great dance add too.

Has anyone driven over from the UK? Apols if this has been covered, I did look but didn't see.

Also, may seem a daft question but do they sell spirits? I only see mention of beer and soft drinks and got a gluten free in tow.

12 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

Shelter is just disappearing because festivals like Alcatraz and Ieperfest are gaining traction. Punk/metal bands can be higher on the line up there and play for their own crowd, punkers/metalheads don't have to mix in with the dance people. It turns out better for most (except the people liking a bit of everything).

While a sad decision, it's also an understandable one.

This is why Pukkelpop used to be my favourite festival in Europe. Last year I saw NOFX, Craig David, Noel Gallagher, Chemical Brothers and Refused in a few ahours. If you have 8 or 9 stages, why not booking 6 or 7 bands per day to fill a rock/metal/punk stage? You don't need a huge ammount of money to do that.

Maybe Semprini's theory is the right one. Last year they moved Shelter to the place where Wablief used to be, this year it will only a rock stage on saturday and next year, bye bye. Slow death to that Stage.

Edited by johnybegood

2 hours ago, Semprini said:

Pretty decent announcement for me. AVH b2b Jackmaster will be mental and great that Jackmaster is doing a set on his own too. Happy to also see Floating Points, Nicolas Jaar, Sampha, Stormzy, Antal, Black Sun Empire and Talaboman on the line up too. Not much drum and bass at the moment but like others have said, the dance line up is superb. 

Love announcements where there's loads of stuff I've never heard of before! Will get on the case tonight listening to all he new bands and DJs.

Had a thought about the Shelter situation: Thursday has lots of hip hop/RnB artists while Saturday is punk/rock/metal heavy. It was quite a few years ago that they last did it but I'm wondering if they will have a stage that changes genre each day? They had something similar at Reading where the Lock up stage changed over the weekend so perhaps that is the plan? Not sure how Friday fits in with this theory at the moment but still plenty of time for that to work itself out? ;) 

Had this thought after the first announcement. Certainly looks like that's the way it might be heading. 

I have a feeling the Lift stage won't be there this year either.

21 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

How so? Think Marquee and Club will be dedicated to more rock/heavy/punk bands than the other days. Last year they also had a more hip hop-based day, which was also on Thursday. (Coely, Woodie Smalls, Mick Jenkins, Big Sean, The Underachievers etc). I think that kinda thing is here to stay since hip hop is growing in Belgium and Chokri's daughter is a big influence on the line up nowadays hmf.

Edited by arcuse

5 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

I think they'll keep the Lift. Was pretty successful from what I could gather plus getting rid of it would definitely be seen as a negative move, particularly if the Shelter isn't there either. Would be surprised if they decided to re-vamp the site again after last year, especially as the majority of the feedback seemed to be positive. Who knows though? They could amalgamate a couple of stages and have a day/night programme with different genres e.g. indie/up and coming bands during the day and then established punk/rock acts in the evening.

Just seen confirmation that AVH b2b Jackmaster will be in the Boiler. Duck Sauce played the Dance Hall last time so thought they might possibly have been in there but not the case. Pretty sure Jackmaster will do a late one in the Castello, with Ben UFO and Talaboman on before. Lovely way to round off the weekend!

Already dreading the inevitable clashes, particularly on Thursday. Not sure if it's a good or bad thing that we've still got about half the line up to come! :o

The tickets seem to be going fast, probs combi + Thurs.. Im worried but I'm not certain that I can go (bc of the possibility that I've to redo my failed exams in August around that period and the schedule is not out yet.) Idk what I should do tho :( 

If I could, I'd go combi but Thursday seems for me the best day (though Id miss out on M&S, Flume, Elbow, Parquet Courts, Sampha, Cashmere Cat etc etc) on the other days but ya 

5 hours ago, tczy said:

Where'd you find that, if you don't mind me asking? Great news indeed!!

It was on Facebook. I'm friends with a couple of people who have a bit of inside info.

Antal will be in the Booth on Friday.

If you can arcuse, buy a combi and then if the worst happens you can sell it nearer the time. If the festival sells out (which I think there's a good chance it will) then you'll get back at least what you paid for it. But obviously if it doesn't then you'll likely lose a chunk. I was in this situation last year but tbh I didn't make much effort to try and sell it until quite late.

Edit: Lemon Twigs at Dour Dave, may well now rule them out.

Edited by Semprini

24 minutes ago, Semprini said:

It was on Facebook. I'm friends with a couple of people who have a bit of inside info.

If you can arcuse, buy a combi and then if the worst happens you can sell it nearer the time. If the festival sells out (which I think there's a good chance it will) then you'll get back at least what you paid for it. But obviously if it doesn't then you'll likely lose a chunk. I was in this situation last year but tbh I didn't make much effort to try and sell it until quite late.

Edit: Lemon Twigs at Dour Dave, may well now rule them out.

Lucky Dour.

Cocaine Piss are at both though so there's still hope.

For the record, I don't think it'll sell out. Or if it does it'll be right near the end. Although it's a decent line up there's nothing to really set it apart from the last few years and there's a lot of repeat stuff from the last 3 years. Maybe I'm underestimated the youth here but I can't see many kids splashing out to 100 euros for that Saturday in particular.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

9 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Lucky Dour.

Cocaine Piss are at both though so there's still hope.

For the record, I don't think it'll sell out. Or if it does it'll be right near the end.

Cocaine Piss are Belgian. They are also playing Lokerse Feesten (who has stolen almost all the rock bands that would had played in Shelter Stage if they hadn't remove them)

Edited by johnybegood

41 minutes ago, Semprini said:

Yay for guessing the right stage :D 

42 minutes ago, Semprini said:

Thing is, all of my friends are in this situation and buying beforehand and not planning with everyone is a bit ignorant idk. It's hard when your tastes are all playing PKP and you're not certain you can even go haha. I just don't know what to do..

PKP is putting a lot of "!!!"-posts on their social media that the tickets are selling like hot cookies so I wouldn't be suprised if combi's sell out in this and 3 weeks, @DiscothequeDave

10 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

Cocaine Piss are Belgian. They are also playing Lokerse Feesten (who has stolen almost all the rock bands that would had played in Shelter Stage if they hadn't remove them)

Ah, fair enough. The Twigs would go down a storm at Pukkelpop.