Kings of Leon

willd255

9 hours ago, The Nal said:

Nothing to tell unfortunately! Went to the bar in the back for an hour, walked by some BBC vans and got bored. Didn't go back again. Full of too cool to go see a gig industry type tosspots.

I was more curious about how you came by VIP tickets in the first place!

• 3 years later...

I reckon most people think KoL are a huge headline type band but ask them what their last song they had & they’d respond with “Sex On Fire” or at a push “Use Somebody”. Which is exactly what I would respond with.

That doesn’t cut it to headline Glastonbury anymore. I’d much rather see a newer band pushed up to headline, even The 1975. They wouldn’t sub, which is where I think they should be placed, when they could do a day fest or IoW, at a stretch R&L as headliners.

Edited by Bisque

Personally I feel KOL have fallen into the sideways bracket, similar to Stereophonics, of acts that still pull decent festival crowds and sell arenas out but are never likely to be seen at Glastonbury again.

Before anyone starts, The Killers are not similar, they’re a lot bigger.

21 minutes ago, Bisque said:

I reckon most people think KoL are a huge headline type band but ask them what their last song they had & they’d respond with “Sex On Fire” or at a push “Use Somebody”. Which is exactly what I would respond with.

That doesn’t cut it to headline Glastonbury anymore. I’d much rather see a newer band pushed up to headline, even The 1975. They wouldn’t sub, which is where I think they should be placed, when they could do a day fest or IoW, at a stretch R&L as headliners.

They headlined prior to those two songs’ releases and could easily be drafted in during a dry year, would just about appease the dark fruits lot. Apologies for generalising. 

Edited by HeyPorter

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Personally I feel KOL have fallen into the sideways bracket, similar to Stereophonics, of acts that still pull decent festival crowds and sell arenas out but are never likely to be seen at Glastonbury again.

Before anyone starts, The Killers are not similar, they’re a lot bigger.

Stereophonics started taking non-headline slots. Kings of Leon didn’t.

The comparison between Killers and KOL is very much valid in that the things that people were writing them off for - going out of style, did it once before, no one caring anymore - are exactly the things levelled at The Killers before they did indeed headline again. Even if The Killers are bigger, KOL are still more than big enough with the general British public to headline a fest like this and would be welcomed more fondly than most acts people could name.

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The comparison between Killers and KOL is very much valid in that the things that people were writing them off for - going out of style, did it once before, no one caring anymore - are exactly the things levelled at The Killers before they did indeed headline again. Even if The Killers are bigger, KOL are still more than big enough with the general British public to headline a fest like this and would be welcomed more fondly than most acts people could name.

Was looking for things to say, this sums it up. 

16 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Where have Stereophonics taken non headline slots?

18 minutes ago, HeyPorter said:

They headlined prior to those two songs’ releases and could easily be drafted in during a dry year, would just about appease the dark fruits lot. Apologies for generalising. 

No that’s a fair point. I just think I’d Glastonbury would rather push another band but of course dry years/who’s available will occur so completely valid argument.