BST Hyde Park 2017

rawaudioinput

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/02/2017 at 10:19 PM, Zac Quinn said:

Ayyyy you wouldn't know it's 11 years since they put out a decent record, and 13 since the debut. This generation's The Stone Roses.

Day & Age is a good album, just not on the level of the first 2. Battle Born could have been a good EP if they'd cut the shit tracks.

On 09/02/2017 at 10:36 PM, Billbones said:

I'm sure at the libertines it was get there get a wristband then come and go as you please , 

I remember prioty view having wristbands but don't remember this happening for general admission. I remember walking in and out of the front section several times during that day without a wristband and no one checking for wristbands

12 hours ago, Issy King said:

Okay! Priority entry is 12pm, how early would everyone start queing?

I'm not sure, I can't imagine that many people would turn up that early with the sole intention of standing at the barrier for 9 hours or so until Green Day come on, but I suppose they're a big enough band to have the die hard committed fans willing to do it. I still don't get how people actually do it as I'd get bored shitless and need the toilet at some point. 

• 1 month later...

So Kings of Leon day has just added Local Natives, Deaf Havana and Tom Grenan who I'd like to see.

I probably wouldn't of bothered looking in to this day if it wasn't for Local Natives (Which is quite bad seeing as its going to be a low supporting act and most likely not on the main stage), and not sure if £69 per ticket is worth it for Kings of Leon. I've never seen KOL Live but not sure if its worth the price tag. It could be just to experience once in my life time?

10 hours ago, Stuielooie said:

So Kings of Leon day has just added Local Natives, Deaf Havana and Tom Grenan who I'd like to see.

I probably wouldn't of bothered looking in to this day if it wasn't for Local Natives (Which is quite bad seeing as its going to be a low supporting act and most likely not on the main stage), and not sure if £69 per ticket is worth it for Kings of Leon. I've never seen KOL Live but not sure if its worth the price tag. It could be just to experience once in my life time?

I've seen them twice and enjoyed it but they used to be one of my favourite bands so I could get past the lacklustre crowd. I wouldn't necessarily recommend them to a casual fan, it's not like they put on an amazing show or anything. If you like the songs then you'll enjoy it as they perform really well imo, but if you're only half interested I imagine it'd be a bit meh. So yeah depends if you're a big KOL fan or not. 

Pixies really add to the value of the day, mind. If you don't know much about them then definitely check them out. They are incredible, and brilliant live. I'm stuck with fucking Elbow in that slot the day I'm going.

11 hours ago, Odessa said:

I've seen them twice and enjoyed it but they used to be one of my favourite bands so I could get past the lacklustre crowd. I wouldn't necessarily recommend them to a casual fan, it's not like they put on an amazing show or anything. If you like the songs then you'll enjoy it as they perform really well imo, but if you're only half interested I imagine it'd be a bit meh. So yeah depends if you're a big KOL fan or not. 

Pixies really add to the value of the day, mind. If you don't know much about them then definitely check them out. They are incredible, and brilliant live. I'm stuck with fucking Elbow in that slot the day I'm going.

Thanks.

I have a feeling they won't sell out, therefore I might be able to pick them up if they discount them down nearer to the date?

1 hour ago, Stuielooie said:

Thanks.

I have a feeling they won't sell out, therefore I might be able to pick them up if they discount them down nearer to the date?

Definitely a chance of that as they've already toured this year with other dates to come I believe so that obviously limits demand for this. Maybe not BST that will discount them but if it doesn't sell out then anyone trying to sell a spare would have to make a bit of a loss. The times I saw them I picked up a ticket second hand for about £20 less than face value both times.

• 2 weeks later...

National Express are running coaches to all six of the BST Hyde Park concerts. It works out at around £34.00 return from Birmingham to the concert I'm going to, which is the Kings of Leon/Pixies one. Of course the coach price depends on where you are going from.

4 hours ago, raynor said:

National Express are running coaches to all six of the BST Hyde Park concerts. It works out at around £34.00 return from Birmingham to the concert I'm going to, which is the Kings of Leon/Pixies one. Of course the coach price depends on where you are going from.

Its probably too late to bring this up but the 23:30 train from euston to birmingham is easy to get to after hyde park gigs and if you book it in advance its usually 6-9 pounds

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/04/2017 at 6:50 PM, Vacant0 said:

Anyone got any idea of how Green Day is selling? I know they didn't do it last year, but do we reckon there might be discounted tickets available nearer the time?

I reckon as soon as people started half expecting discounted tickets they had to stop it. I'd be very surprised if Green Day sold so poorly that they had to offer reduced price tickets.

• 5 weeks later...