Y Not Festival 2017

Wagon

Just a word of caution for those coming up from Manchester/Cheshire - if you are intending to come up through Macclesfield towards Buxton, there are currently road closures on the lower part of the Buxton Road from 9:30 am to 15:30 (although to be honest it didn't look as if they had done much today!).  I'm sure there will be diversions signed, but it may add a little on to your journey (I suspect they route through Rainow)

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to the Phonics the most, haven't seen them for ages and never at a festival. Also Frank Turner, Sundara Karma, Maximo Park and Feeder.

also got into a few of the smaller band since the lineup was announced, so will try and catch Deco, Outlya, Black Honey, One Giant Causeway and a few others too. Can't wait- 24 hours from now I'll be nicely pissed up and enjoying the first night!

12 hours ago, dirty_dog said:

been told it's already a mud bath and Cars being dragged, anyone confirm this ?

Nah, was a long queue to get in earlier but no problems in the car parks. Bits of mud around the site as you'd expect, but nothing significant yet 

22 hours ago, rfc_478 said:

Keen for this if true! Any ideas when/where? 

The announcer on The Quarry earlier said there is a secret set there on Sunday at 5:25 I think. 

Theres a larger than normal gap between Off Bloom and Will Varley so it's sometime around then. 

Dont know if it's them though. 

Does anyone know what happened with the Vaccines, was going to catch the end after Frank Turner but the stage was empty. 

Can't quite believe how badly organised this all seems, surely they should be able to cope with rain. I've been in way worse at other festivals. 

Cancelling everyone on main stage till sundara and not telling us what's happening or when people are being rescheduled is crazy. And no headliner?! 

Half of people near us have gone home after being robbed of everything they own...

if main stage is as shite today I'll be off too tonight.

44 minutes ago, TheDHolford said:

Can't quite believe how badly organised this all seems, surely they should be able to cope with rain. I've been in way worse at other festivals. 

Cancelling everyone on main stage till sundara and not telling us what's happening or when people are being rescheduled is crazy. And no headliner?! 

Half of people near us have gone home after being robbed of everything they own...

That's shit. They definitely need more stewards/security. I've seen a few police about on site but not many. A guy yesterday told me his and several other tents had been trashed so he was well pissed off. 

They should at least be able to let people know what's happening with the stages and times, it wouldn't take much. 

We're due very little rain today until around 9pm so hopefully main stage should be alright. 

Ill see how it goes but I might leave earlier than planned tomorrow if it's as bad. 

4 hours ago, TheDHolford said:

which campsite was this in? When you say everything do you mean literally everything removed from tents?!

Quite concerned about getting out on Monday morning to be honest. They're saying keep vehicle movement to a minimum today, what will they do after thunderstorms on Sunday?! 

58 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

which campsite was this in? When you say everything do you mean literally everything removed from tents?!

Quite concerned about getting out on Monday morning to be honest. They're saying keep vehicle movement to a minimum today, what will they do after thunderstorms on Sunday?! 

I'm staying between family and quiet, seems like both crowds. But yeah, apparently someone opened their tent while they were asleep and just grabbed at bags and ran off, happened to a few...

Doesn't sound very good I must admit especially the security and the robbing bastards but I've seen some pics of the mud and I can see green grass in places... Surely the punters can put up with a bit of water..... Sad that the organisation people don't seem to be able to keep the bands going.. 

Hope your all OK and can enjoy the rest of the weekend.