Y Not Festival 2017

Wagon

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 18/07/2017 at 9:05 AM, efcfanwirral said:

Last year kashmir was at the top of the mental field where cans were literally flying through the air like missiles as I walked through, so I imagine quite noisy / annoying / dodgy at night. 

Im going for black dog or ramble on I think as we're arriving Thursday so hopefully can get in there

Thanks mate. We're also coming Thursday. 

We want somewhere close ish to the arena, somewhere we can have a laugh with our neighbours, play our music and have a laugh but with no absolute idiots.

Which site would you recommend? 

Looking forward to this one now. Hoping to arrive about 7-8pm on Thursday. Should we sitll be able to get a tidy camping spot? I notice a lot of people don't seem to have early bird tickets.

Got a couple of friends heading up on Wednesday, so may ask them to set our tents up that evening if they allow it...

"are there any shops/ supermarkets nearby the festival?? "

Closest are Buxton or Matlock.  Both need a drive.  Buxton probably the easiest as it's straight up the A6, with Morrisons on the roundabout as you enter town (about 10 miles straight drive).  You've got to either navigate cross-country or get through Cromford and Matlock Bath in order to get the the sainsburys in Matlock.  If you want tt go posh, Buxton has a Waitrose as well :-)

Hi 

It's my first time at Y Not (been to Download a few times and V before). Planning to arrive around 3/4pm Thursday. Any advice on best campsite to go for (standard) as we are 39 and 52, not old fogies but probably will want some sleep at some point! Wondered if we should aim for quoet camp but don't want it to be too sedate?!   

How good are the food options on site? I am a veggie. Someone told me the food is rubbish - is this true or are there some ok options? 

Also how far is it from carpark to campsite? I have bought a trolley to help transport stuff. 

Cheers

1 hour ago, Wellydancer said:

Just got back from Truck where it was £5 a pint of Amstel or Orchard Pig, £5.50 for a strongbow dark fruits, and all sorts of ridic prices for other stuff in bars that didn't sell draft. Is it fair to assume Ynot is the same as it's run by the same people?

A couple of hip flasks full of your favourite spirit and buy your cold mixers from the food stalls always works out cheaper

3 hours ago, peruvianjoco said:

Has anyone who has done click and collect got their collection receipt yet, I havent? 

Not yet for myself, says it will be recieved no later than wednesday at 7pm though.

Seems to be avaliable to order untill tomorrow evening so im guessing we will recieve it between then. 

17 hours ago, Trellis said:

Hi 

It's my first time at Y Not (been to Download a few times and V before). Planning to arrive around 3/4pm Thursday. Any advice on best campsite to go for (standard) as we are 39 and 52, not old fogies but probably will want some sleep at some point! Wondered if we should aim for quoet camp but don't want it to be too sedate?!   

How good are the food options on site? I am a veggie. Someone told me the food is rubbish - is this true or are there some ok options? 

Also how far is it from carpark to campsite? I have bought a trolley to help transport stuff. 

Cheers

I would certainly suggest family or quiet camping.  Neither are monasteries, but equally sleep is possible!  Many of the others can end up looking like a flavela and are full of kids.  And of course there is nothing to stop you from wandering round that area looking for fun and parties if you want to.  The additional benefit is that the family and quiet camping are closer to the car park - the downside being they are further to the arena, so swings and roundabouts.  

I thought the food was OK last year - although I am not veggie, so can't comment on those options.  I certainly didn't starve :-)

I'm veggie and I think there is a decent choice but I also bring food with me and nip back to the tent.  The falafel place in the top right of the main stage field is always very good,  let's hope it's there,  and reasonably priced.  in looking for in between camping too. I'm in my 40s, this will be my 8th ynot and been in regular camping every year but avoided the rock n roll one as it mostly gets covered in loo roll and beer cans by Friday morning. Me and daughter in black dog camping last year accidently and the tent got ripped on the last day,  guess someone fell on it.  I got family camping tickets this year but looking at the map I don't want to be that far away from the main site so I may head up to misty mountain camping and see what that's like.  Have a good one. 

Anyone know if misty mountain camping is ok?  I noticed the ynot site lists some of the others as the lively ones but doesn't mention misty mountain or achilles.  the other one up there is the glamping field. I'm planning on getting there Thursday although last year I think everyone else did too! :-) 

22 hours ago, jackarmy said:

Looking forward to this one now. Hoping to arrive about 7-8pm on Thursday. Should we sitll be able to get a tidy camping spot? I notice a lot of people don't seem to have early bird tickets.

Got a couple of friends heading up on Wednesday, so may ask them to set our tents up that evening if they allow it...

You can enter on Wednesday? I thought the earliest was midday on Thursday.

6 minutes ago, Cammers said:

You can enter on Wednesday? I thought the earliest was midday on Thursday.

Taken from the website:

CAMPSITE OPENING TIMES

FOR GENERAL TICKET HOLDERS THE CAMPSITE IS OPEN FROM 10:00AM FRIDAY 28TH JULY AND THEN CLOSE 12:00PM MONDAY 31ST JULY. THURSDAY ENTRY HOLDERS CAN ARRIVE FROM 14:00 ON THURSDAY 27TH JULY.

30 minutes ago, Cammers said:

Can't be as bad as Truck? :P

As a typical Brit, I'll happily take anything between a monsoon and a heatwave.

I'm happy as long it isn't as bad as IOW 12, that's the worst conditions I've been in a festival

Can't wait for this now.

Quarry stage looking lovely , main stage looking lovely.

Give me some beer and feeder on Thursday now. 

Hoping for reasonable drinks prices, Don't mind £5 a pint but any more is silly.

I remember when they used to have the proper large real ale tent and those prices were slightly less, hoping that's still the case and it's £5 a pint for the "Branded" lager and cider, although I do enjoy Orchard Pig.