Y Not Festival 2017

Wagon

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite happy with that bunch. Looking forward to seeing Frank Turner solo, and dependant on clashes will go see Frank Carter as well.

I'd like to know who is headlining the other stages on The Friday at the minute, because I CBA with The Vaccines.

It looks like the tent for The Quarry is going to be bigger according to a post on the Facebook page. That's great as it was rammed for some of the smaller bands last year. I couldn't get in for Beans on Toast as it overflowed so its good that they have addressed the issue.

Proper excited for this, it'll be my first festival.

Read that it's quite teeny, with people who can't hack it but surely you get that anywhere?

Other than that, whats the atmosphere like? Read an article about last years and they said the music was good but it lacked a decent atmosphere 

15 hours ago, HowBlue said:

Proper excited for this, it'll be my first festival.

Read that it's quite teeny, with people who can't hack it but surely you get that anywhere?

Other than that, whats the atmosphere like? Read an article about last years and they said the music was good but it lacked a decent atmosphere 

Not as teeny as Leeds Festival, in my opinion.  But like most festivals will depend where you camp and the acts you see. 

The closer you camp to the arena area the younger the crowd generally. Find the happy medium if you not about that sort of crowd. 

Atmosphere depends on the acts, the stage and the weather! Generally found Y Not to be good. Not the best, but far, far from the worst. 

Still get an older crowd at Y Not. With the faithful that have been for years. They also tend to have a few older generation acts on that can draw a crowd. And an large beer/ale tent, all appealing to us oldies that 28+ 

Edited by craigb

7 minutes ago, craigb said:

Not as teeny as Leeds Festival, in my opinion.  But like most festivals will depend where you camp and the acts you see. 

The closer you camp to the arena area the younger the crowd generally. Find the happy medium if you not about that sort of crowd. 

Atmosphere depends on the acts, the stage and the weather! Generally found Y Not to be good. Not the best, but far, far from the worst. 

Still get an older crowd at Y Not. With the faithful that have been for years. They also tend to have a few older generation acts on that can draw a crowd. And an large beer/ale tent, all appearing to us oldies that 28+ 

Ah thanks! It's not that I've got a problem with the 'young' atmosphere, I'm 19 so I come under that haha but as annoying as the irritating people might be, I know it's gonna be like that at most places. The only problem I'd have is if there are people like that overwhelm the crowds when they clearly aren't bothered about the music or whatever. If I don't get a moment where the crowd all sing along to a song while the band goes quiet, I'll be so disappointed haha

2 hours ago, peruvianjoco said:

Is anyone aware of when they send out tickets? Just become aware that I'm changing address about 3 weeks before the event and the tickets are due to be delivered to the previous address to which I won't have access after I move out...

Probs round about that time they'll send out tickets. 

Check the ticket confirmation email. Should be a link to log into outgoing account from there. Can probably change address if need to. Or all the details like ref. Number will be there to contact outgoing/y not. 

12 hours ago, peruvianjoco said:

Is anyone aware of when they send out tickets? Just become aware that I'm changing address about 3 weeks before the event and the tickets are due to be delivered to the previous address to which I won't have access after I move out...

The same happened with me last year, I just rang up the ticket office and arranged to pick them up on site,

All I had to do was take some ID

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2017 at 11:33 AM, ToffeePopcorn said:

Looking to go this year, buying my ticket on payday (20th) :P reckon all the more well known bands have been announced by now?

It's looking that way,

I'm hoping they have at least one more surprise, someone like Franz Ferdinand would top the line up off nicely for me

On 10/04/2017 at 1:26 PM, Wagon said:

It's looking that way,

I'm hoping they have at least one more surprise, someone like Franz Ferdinand would top the line up off nicely for me

No way we're getting anyone that big. Someone on the same level as Maximo Park and Slaves though is potentially a decent prospect. Can't think who that could be though. Really hoping Spector get added to the lineup.

On 12/04/2017 at 1:12 AM, Odessa said:

No way we're getting anyone that big. Someone on the same level as Maximo Park and Slaves though is potentially a decent prospect. Can't think who that could be though. Really hoping Spector get added to the lineup.

Are they still around?? I remember seeing them years ago and thinking they were decent but then they just seemed to disappear, I'd love to see them again

1 hour ago, Wagon said:

Are they still around?? I remember seeing them years ago and thinking they were decent but then they just seemed to disappear, I'd love to see them again

They played Truck festival last year

Any Idea when the next announcement will be? - hoping to see a few more pop punk / harder rock bands added to the bill