Fuji Rock 2017

OneLittleFish

Hi everyone,

Seriously thinking about booking a trip of a lifetime style trip for next year - a few days in Tokyo followed by Fuji Rock festival.

Would love to know if anyone on here has been before and if they have tips, or info about pre bookable coaches to the festival from Tokyo itself to make life easier.

We went a couple of years ago. The following blog post was quite helpful: http://blog.tokyogigguide.com/2013/06/fuji-rock-festival-tips-2013.html.

I wouldn't want to get a coach there from Tokyo (I'm not sure if it's possible), it was over an hour on the shinkansen then probably another 45 mins on the festival shuttle bus (note that the festival is no longer anywhere near mount Fuji, it is at Naeba Ski Resort). The closest train station to the festival is Echigo-Yuzawa station, the shuttles run from the station and it's pretty much a fool-proof transfer.

• 4 months later...

Going for my first time with a friend.  It will however be my 4th visit to Japan.  I read somewhere that the shuttle bus to the festival is easy to find.  Follow the crowd I say!  We will also be spending some nights in Tokyo before the festival

• 3 weeks later...

I took a shuttle bus all of the way from Nagoya to Fuji Rock overnight. I knew absolutely no Japanese, so it is doable. However when they stop, you may not know how long you have before they drive off so run to the restrooms as soon as possible, and then stand by the bus so you don't miss it. Don't assume green ice cream is matcha (green tea) as there is a specialty wasabi ice cream in the area that can take you by surprise. It is a lovely festival, setting up camp is easy. Just watch out because the camp showers are river water...ice river water.

Oh sorry, I mean you need to get the Shinkansen from Tokyo to the Echigo-Yuwaza station and there is a Fuji Rock shuttle for 500Y that you can get to the festival site.  That is the quickest trip from Tokyo.  The shuttle would be very easy to find from that station.

• 1 month later...