Slam Dunk 2017

Andre91

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

Been trying to think who else it could be, obviously Lucky Salt has form so i have no doubt that when he says BIG headliner, we can rely on that.

Brand New
Enter Shikari
The Offspring
Rise Against
Weezer

Maybe Limp Bizkit?

ADTR & 30STM probably both too big?

I'm not sure Rise Against right now would be that bigger deal although I'd like it. 

53 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

Way too big, especially if they have a new album out.

I'm expecting them to be headling R&L.

They are but so were YM@6 when they returned to do it as a thank you almost for kicking them off. I do however think that Paramore is too big even for that and a R&L Exclusive would not surprise me.

Just now, thewayiam said:

They are but so were YM@6 when they returned to do it as a thank you almost for kicking them off. I do however think that Paramore is too big even for that and a R&L Exclusive would not surprise me.

YMAS 2 years ago are considerably smaller than Paramore are now, they'd have to upgrade the venues considerably if they got Paramore, South is on a University campus and Panic were pushing it a little bit this year.

Fall Out Boy playing Infinity On High in full for its 10 year anniversary please. Nah, FOB are way too big. 

Whoever suggested 30STM is having a right laugh. They're way too big as well. 

If the headliner is big, Good Charlotte could be a strong sub to them. 

No idea who this big headliner could be, though... BOX CAR RACER REUNION :ninja: 

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

No idea who this big headliner could be, though... BOX CAR RACER REUNION :ninja: 

Remember seeing Tom Delonge posting a list of some ideas of thing he wants for the next AvA tour so it seems like Box Car Racer is the last thing on his mind, unfortunately.

Who would be "Big" for Slam Dunk?

Bring Me The Horizon (Will almost certainly not be playing at Slam Dunk)
A Day To Remember (Will be Playing at Reading)
Fall Out Boy (Bit Big)
Paramore (Bit Big)
Blink-182 (Bit Big)

I'm struggling to think of who else would be considered "Big".

I'm not sure The Offspring, Brand New, Jimmy Eat World.etc are big enough to be considered "Big"

22 minutes ago, huntyyy said:

Who would be "Big" for Slam Dunk?

Bring Me The Horizon (Will almost certainly not be playing at Slam Dunk)
A Day To Remember (Will be Playing at Reading)
Fall Out Boy (Bit Big)
Paramore (Bit Big)
Blink-182 (Bit Big)

I'm struggling to think of who else would be considered "Big".

I'm not sure The Offspring, Brand New, Jimmy Eat World.etc are big enough to be considered "Big"

BMTH will definitely not be there. Not even a slight chance.

ADTR have just as much chance of playing Download as they do Reading.

FoB, Paramore and Blink are all far too big to even be considered.

The Offspring and Brand New maybe, Jimmy Eat World wouldn't be a "BIG" headliner by any stretch of the imagination and are more likely to be subbing underneath this big headliner.

Shikari, Brand New, The Offspring or what Pop Punk Sucks has said...5 Seconds of Summer, although that'd be horrific.

Edited by Gozpot

30 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

BMTH will definitely not be there. Not even a slight chance.

ADTR have just as much chance of playing Download as they do Reading.

FoB, Paramore and Blink are all far too big to even be considered.

The Offspring and Brand New maybe, Jimmy Eat World wouldn't be a "BIG" headliner by any stretch of the imagination and are more likely to be subbing underneath this big headliner.

Shikari, Brand New, The Offspring or what Pop Punk Sucks has said...5 Seconds of Summer, although that'd be horrific.

I say this with a decent amount of confidence that A Day To Remember and all of the bands on their tour will be playing at Reading Festival.

BMTH I believe to be headlining Reading, as I've believed for quite some time.

Shikari, Brand New, The Offspring - Luckysalt I'm sure wouldn't come in here and say they were "Big" headliners. I'd say Panic at the Disco and You Me At Six, the last two headliners, are both bigger than those bands - and therefore they wouldn't logically be referred to as "Big"

What about Alexisonfire? Wouldn't have said they were "Big" myself but I suppose if you factor in the rarity of them playing a show. Would've thought they'd end up somewhere like 2000 trees if they played in the UK, or playing their own shows. Slam Dunk doesn't seem like their bag.

Or Weezer?

Or Busted?!

Edited by huntyyy