Slam Dunk 2017

Andre91

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm expecting Brand New or Good Charlotte for the headline slot this year. Thinking Brand New as their only 2017 UK shows would probably be the best option for em, all depends on Brand New's plans I guess. Not too sure Good Charlotte are big enough anymore, maybe if they played Young and Hopeless in full as that would definitely drag out some older fans.

Would expect to see Deaf Havana there but much lower than you lot are expecting, they don't have anywhere near the draw they used to, gotta remember New Found Glory subbed last year so we can expect the sub to be fairly big.

Expecting he usual suspects like Real Friends, Knuckle Puck etc.

Would love to see The Story So Far take a main stage slot. I'd expect Neck Deep to be back after a year off, maybe headlining the pop punk stage. 

---------

Regarding ADTR, they're touring in Jan so I think that'd rule them out, they'll probably play a good slot at R+L this year

Also Moose Blood will probably be back and in a much higher slot, they should've been above Young Guns this year really.

This album has done very well for them, plenty of mainstream exposure on Radio 1 and they could've played a lot bigger places! Tickets were in very high demand on re-sale sites

Plus it sold out fast in Sheffield, which says something.

Edited by oneoftherest

5 hours ago, oneoftherest said:

I'm expecting Brand New or Good Charlotte for the headline slot this year. Thinking Brand New as their only 2017 UK shows would probably be the best option for em, all depends on Brand New's plans I guess. Not too sure Good Charlotte are big enough anymore, maybe if they played Young and Hopeless in full as that would definitely drag out some older fans.

Would expect to see Deaf Havana there but much lower than you lot are expecting, they don't have anywhere near the draw they used to, gotta remember New Found Glory subbed last year so we can expect the sub to be fairly big.

Expecting he usual suspects like Real Friends, Knuckle Puck etc.

Would love to see The Story So Far take a main stage slot. I'd expect Neck Deep to be back after a year off, maybe headlining the pop punk stage. 

---------

Regarding ADTR, they're touring in Jan so I think that'd rule them out, they'll probably play a good slot at R+L this year

Really don't see Brand New headlining, with them set to Break up in 2018 i can't see them doing no headline shows in 2016 or 2017.

Good Charlotte probably could headline, wouldn't be exciting but it'd be safe.

Neck Deep won't be back and definitely wouldn't play the pop punk stage, they're way too big for that and are working on a new album, next time they play it'll be sub or headlining main stage.

The main band on my wishlist is Sugarcult. If anyone from Slam Dunk is watching, please book Sugarcult.

Think the thing with Moose Blood and Neck Deep is that they're both in really great positions to get bigger and bigger. They will still of course play Slam Dunk every now and then but to keep them less exposed they won't play every year. If you want to grow and grow you don't want to full in the "oh well I won't go to this tour, I'll just see them at Slam Dunk etc they always play that" trap. When Neck Deep or Moose Blood announce a headline tour, you want the kids to think "oh god I have to go otherwise I won't see them for ageeees!"

Yeah all things considered I think we're on for Good Charlotte headlining. 

Any way here's my realistic line up for the main stage

Good Charlotte  

All American Rejects(not done much recently but I think they can definitely sub)

Against The Current

Neck Deep

As It Is (played a really strong set on the Key Club this year and their new album sounds promising)

ROAM

I'd also look out for Waterparks and With Confidence back but on the Key Club stage after they've both brought out some really good music after their sets this year. 

Fantasy headlinder right now would be Twenty One Pilots but there's no way they'd do anything less than R+L or Glastonbury now. If Slam Dunk were ever going to get them it would have been during the vessel days. 

Edited by sirl living meme

1 hour ago, oneoftherest said:

Idk I reckon we could see Brand New still, I'm not sure if Good Charlotte are quite big enough anymore

Although with GC headlining they could probably book a really good sub too

Good Charlotte are 100x more likely than Brand New are. 

2 hours ago, sirl living meme said:

Yeah all things considered I think we're on for Good Charlotte headlining. 

Any way here's my realistic line up for the main stage

Good Charlotte  

All American Rejects(not done much recently but I think they can definitely sub)

Against The Current

Neck Deep

As It Is (played a really strong set on the Key Club this year and their new album sounds promising)

ROAM

Against The Current above Neck Deep and Neck Deep playing that low... Might wanna sort that out...