Slam Dunk 2017

Andre91

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Few predictions for tomorrow:

Seaway (as previously stated they've been self-confirming)

Knuckle Puck (said they have another announcement this week)

Pvris (longer shot but they're starting to play shows again at the start of May and there's a gap in their tour with Muse that Slam Dunk fits in)

WSTR

Lightyear

Crossfaith, Stick to Your Guns & Issues as complete guesses for heavier bands

43 minutes ago, LazyDavid said:

Few predictions for tomorrow:

Seaway (as previously stated they've been self-confirming)

Knuckle Puck (said they have another announcement this week)

Pvris (longer shot but they're starting to play shows again at the start of May and there's a gap in their tour with Muse that Slam Dunk fits in)

WSTR

Lightyear

Crossfaith, Stick to Your Guns & Issues as complete guesses for heavier bands

Would be very happy with the addition of some of those smaller bands like WSTR :P

Seaway and WTSR are nailed on I reckon. I would have said Crossfaith as they're doing the Irish dates with Shikari for TTTS but they played Last Year and doing a load of with Bury Tomorrow in April so I'm not sure they will play. Issues played last year so I'm gonna say no on that one. 

I'm hoping for Title Fight (hardly tour the UK now though and no other EU dates yet), Joyce Manor and Code Orange (I know they've been announced for DL Spain but they weren't announced for DL UK even off the back of their successful 3rd album which has me a bit hopeful for Slam Dunk though their UK tour with Gojira might be the reason why)

Also I saw Chunk! supporting FYS and they said "who's seen us at Slam Dunk before" then seemed to pause as if they thought to say something else. They always seems to play and I'm probably over thinking it but I wouldn't mind them again.

Edited by justanothername

3 hours ago, justanothername said:

At the moment I'm definitely seeing Shikari, Neck Deep, Turnover and Sorority Noise. I'll probably see We are The Ocean, Boston Manor, Seaway and Trophy Eyes and if no one else is on I'll watch Citizen, Like Pacific, WSTR and Against Me! Anyone else got some recommendations? 

You dont like the bronx?

3 hours ago, justanothername said:

At the moment I'm definitely seeing Shikari, Neck Deep, Turnover and Sorority Noise. I'll probably see We are The Ocean, Boston Manor, Seaway and Trophy Eyes and if no one else is on I'll watch Citizen, Like Pacific, WSTR and Against Me! Anyone else got some recommendations? 

Get listening to some Crime in Stereo!

3 hours ago, lightning1000 said:

You dont like the bronx?

Listen to them a few times but never really got into them. Saw them at trees last year and they were good so maybe I'll give them another go

3 hours ago, jcarb said:

Get listening to some Crime in Stereo!

Yeah I listened to them a bit as they were the only band I didn't know and they seemed cool.

On 2/22/2017 at 10:59 AM, thewayiam said:

If WSTR, We are the Ocean, RBF and LTJ don't clash then I'll probably go but on the whole it's a pretty poor lineup, but then Download took acts that would stand out.

Tickets are only £44. If there are 4 bands you want to see, that already justifies the ticket price? Thats £11 per band. LTJ and RBF won't clash as they are one after another.