Slam Dunk 2017

Andre91

9 minutes ago, peruvianjoco said:

Thats a dreadful announcement I expected stage splits...

Can I ask why? I know stage splits come put around now but Slam Dunk do announce when they're coming. I mean this is what it said. No mention of Stage Splits

"New bands stage announced next week, and you get to have your say on which band opens it! Keep your eyes out for all the details on Monday! For the remaining tickets for Midlands & North, go to www.slamdunkmusic.com #SDF17"

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty good; love The Gospel Youth, enjoyed Casey at Butserfest last year. Listened to the odd track by Area 11 and Vukovi before and a few other bands to look at! Can't complain!

Stage splits will be interesting, there is the potential for a load of horrendous clashes so hopefully it plays out ok!

Casey is a great addition.

Looking at the line up however it seems like there might be a new stage, unless this new stage is separate from last years Fresh Blood stage, can't see any acts so far fitting in the Acoustic/Solo Stage from last year so that appears to have been dropped.

Edited by Gozpot

There's loads I want to see so it doesn't bother me but... it's pretty shit that stage splits haven't been put out yet. 

If there was only around 5 acts I wanted to see I'd have to hold out on buying a ticket and risk missing out as they all could potentially be playing at the same time. 

They should at the very least have put who the headliners of each stage are. You could then make more of an educated guess. 

Edited by lightning1000

On 27/03/2017 at 4:37 PM, Gozpot said:

Looking at the line up however it seems like there might be a new stage, unless this new stage is separate from last years Fresh Blood stage, can't see any acts so far fitting in the Acoustic/Solo Stage from last year so that appears to have been dropped.

Yeah I thought this as well and I couldn't see anyone for the Uprawr stage as well but the acoustic stage and all their acts were announced on their own last year. Actually when it was announced they also said that stage time would be coming a week later and there were around 10 more acts last year so maybe there are a few more to come soon

20 hours ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

They did that to market to the older crowd who will go solely for that stage. They basically said look at all these bands you like, you won't have to move around all day, please come and spend money on alcohol that most of the kids won't. 

Worked for me....though it pains me to admit to being part of the older crowd.  That stage is a dream line up for me - seen them all before, but great nostalgia. 

3 hours ago, gary1979666 said:

Worked for me....though it pains me to admit to being part of the older crowd.  That stage is a dream line up for me - seen them all before, but great nostalgia. 

Weird, BFS, LTJ, RBF and Zebrahead I don't class as bands just catering to "Old" people. This stage is what sold me straight away on going to Slam Dunk again. That said, I do have about 13 bands I want to see scattered around the other stages as well, but I know plenty of "younger" people that want to see that Ska Stage

4 hours ago, Arun1910 said:

Weird, BFS, LTJ, RBF and Zebrahead I don't class as bands just catering to "Old" people. This stage is what sold me straight away on going to Slam Dunk again. That said, I do have about 13 bands I want to see scattered around the other stages as well, but I know plenty of "younger" people that want to see that Ska Stage

Old in the sense that one of this  festival's target demographics is people who are younger than the time period most bands on that stage have been bands. 

19 hours ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Old in the sense that one of this  festival's target demographics is people who are younger than the time period most bands on that stage have been bands. 

If that sentence was suppose to end with "have been bands that have been around for a long time.", then yeah, that is a very good point!

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Slam Dunk released a poster on Facebook of Beartooth is large font size before ES and a special guest to come so I think this may well sort out the, Shikari, Broco, Neck Deep and BFS stage toppers split.

Slam Dunk has insisted this isn't any stage at all but just them showing off the heavier bands. Don't know why they'd do that but whatever

22 minutes ago, jcarb said:

Can see it being Frank Carter, seeing as he's playing pretty much every other UK festival and there's an opening on his tour dates.

I reckon it's going to be Bury Tomorrow. Fits the type of acts on the poster and they've still got a tour to sell where as I see no reason for them delaying the Frank Carter announcement at all. I know he had a tour but it hasn't stopped him being announced for other festivals and a lot of those dates were sold out in advance of the tour as well

Edited by justanothername

On 19/03/2017 at 10:38 AM, Gozpot said:

Had a go at making a clashfinder, copied the stage timings from last year except for the Fireball Stage as Spunge opened with extra time.

Couldn't see anyone who would fit the Metalcore stage as a headliner so i've left that as TBA and there was one gap left on the line up so i left that as one of the acts on the Fresh Blood stage.

Had a thought, if that leaked photo is correct, maybe they've put Don Broco to headline the ''Metalcore'' stage so stop there being a clash between Shikari and an act with a similar fanbase? However i didn't put that on the clashfinder.

http:///s/sd20187/

Fuck, that Deaf Havana/Andrew McMahon/Goldfinger/Citizen/Crossfaith clash is unreal.

As long as i can see Turnover it's fine tho.

23 hours ago, justanothername said:

I reckon it's going to be Bury Tomorrow. Fits the type of acts on the poster and they've still got a tour to sell where as I see no reason for them delaying the Frank Carter announcement at all. I know he had a tour but it hasn't stopped him being announced for other festivals and a lot of those dates were sold out in advance of the tour as well

I've seen that most are expecting Bury Tomorrow, and they seem to be a festival favourite aha.

I've still yet to see Frank Carter and the rattlesnakes, strange seeing how much I love the first two Gallows albums and saw them at every change I got.

6 hours ago, jcarb said:

I've seen that most are expecting Bury Tomorrow, and they seem to be a festival favourite aha.

I've still yet to see Frank Carter and the rattlesnakes, strange seeing how much I love the first two Gallows albums and saw them at every change I got.

I definitely recommend catching them if you can, they're about at a few festivals over the summer but if you're not at any of those they've just announced another UK tour that goes on sale tomorrow.

I was at the Cardiff a couple of weeks back and considering Brixton on this next tour. 

12 hours ago, tyranicide said:

I definitely recommend catching them if you can, they're about at a few festivals over the summer but if you're not at any of those they've just announced another UK tour that goes on sale tomorrow.

I was at the Cardiff a couple of weeks back and considering Brixton on this next tour. 

Aye, I'm thinking about the Manchester date tbf. Heard nothing but good things, but I already know he's insane live from his days in Gallows.
I'd kill to see him back in Gallows, Wade just isn't the same.