Slam Dunk 2017

Andre91

11 hours ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Reading aren't gonna let a marquee alternative act at their festival go and headline Slam Dunk though. If Download or Reading are booking A Day To Remember, they're booking them for a sizeable slot, and they're certainly not gonna let them headline another festival a few months before where tickets are way cheaper.  

Also assume you're forgetting A Day To Remember selling out Ally Pally in 2014? 

Plenty of the larger alternative acts end up playing other UK festivals.

Somee bands that have been listed as potential headliners have played Ally Pally, don't know if they sold it out but it doesn't exactly mean they can't headline. (Brand New, Enter Shikari etc)

I'm not saying they will get them but i fully expect that Slam Dunk will have had them on the radar at the very least as a potential headline.

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure about ADTR. That standing area for the main stage at the Leeds site is pretty damn big. They would be at the very top end in terms of headliners they could get, I think. They would sell a bucket load of tickets. 

ADTR to headline with Sum 41 to sub. While She Sleeps to headline the 'heavier'  stage OM&M headlined this year. Get letlive. in there somewhere too. 

44 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I'm not sure about ADTR. That standing area for the main stage at the Leeds site is pretty damn big. They would be at the very top end in terms of headliners they could get, I think. They would sell a bucket load of tickets. 

ADTR to headline with Sum 41 to sub. While She Sleeps to headline the 'heavier'  stage OM&M headlined this year. Get letlive. in there somewhere too. 

I'm willing to say there is virtually no chance of that happening.

25 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

No way they get A Day To Remember. I don't think they could get them at this point anyway, but they sure as hell aren't getting them in the first year of a new album cycle. Will be at Reading or Download for sure. 

Most defo, yes they had Panic who went on to do well with some bigger venues but ultimately when SD had booked them they were a 5th down main stage band at Reading.

What do we think about Neck Deep? Maybe sub-headline in 2017 or hold off until they have a new album and then headline in 2018/2019?

I'm inclinded to say wait until the next album and get a headline slot, can definitely see Slam Dunk giving them the push to headliner off the back of another album, epecially if they got them as an exclusive.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Gozpot said:

Sum 41 touring end of February/start of March, including a few academy shows, surely rules them out?

They won't be at Slam Dunk as doing Brixton would make them a 1st or 2nd act at the very minimum and I doubt they'll do Download with both Brum and Notts as dates. Enough to not be at any early German Festivals either I'd imagine so the latter end of the year one's imo.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

They won't be at Slam Dunk as doing Brixton would make them a 1st or 2nd act at the very minimum and I doubt they'll do Download with both Brum and Notts as dates. Enough to not be at any early German Festivals either I'd imagine so the latter end of the year one's imo.

If they end up at a UK festival now it seems like Reading is the most likely then, although Download has no real competition for a majority of it's fanbase so they could easily book act that have played midlands dates.

47 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

If they end up at a UK festival now it seems like Reading is the most likely then, although Download has no real competition for a majority of it's fanbase so they could easily book act that have played midlands dates.

Maybe they could be with their other dates it limits what other euro fests they would do early here.

7 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Weren't Sum 41 doing the late Euro fests this summer though? Would've thought surely if R/L wanted them they would've had them this year. Still think Download is the most likely place these guys will end up, would definitely rule them out of Slam Dunk though. 

This is true I forgot about that, I'd kind of say none of then based on that and just their own tour.

On 12/10/2016 at 2:41 PM, Pop Punk Sucks said:

No they don't. Creeper especially are not in anyway a pop punk band. Moose Blood have very little to do with that genre too. 

Gloom, The Honeymoon Suite, Allergies, Lie Awake and VCR (at a stretch) are all Creeper songs that I would consider to be largely Pop Punk. 

Moose Blood's latest album has lost some of their Pop Punk style, but Moving Home and I'll Keep You In Mind... are definitely Pop Punk. 

Edited by Andre91

Moose Blood have far more to do with emo than pop punk. Could maybe call them melodic pop punk but they're not and never have been an out and out pop punk band. 

Creeper are a straight up punk rock band for me. Their influences clearly come from punk rock, glam rock etc rather than pop punk. 

Edited by Pop Punk Sucks

On 14/10/2016 at 11:27 AM, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Moose Blood have far more to do with emo than pop punk. Could maybe call them melodic pop punk but they're not and never have been an out and out pop punk band. 

Creeper are a straight up punk rock band for me. Their influences clearly come from punk rock, glam rock etc rather than pop punk. 

Moose Blood are definitely more to the emo side but however are still heavily pop punk influenced.

As for Creeper they have such a blend of genres in their music that you couldn't really say they are one genre, however Pop Punk is definitely one of them which can clearly be heard in many of their songs.