NOS Alive! 2017

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Didn't realise that they headlined both BBK and NOS just 3 years ago. 

Green day was there too, and they are rumored!

Kings of Leon will also tour with a new album :D 

that would be funny! I guess they'll change KoL for Pearl Jam?

2 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Fly. If you avoid coming back on the Sunday then you can get a flight from £117 return.

if all goes to plan i'll be starting a new job on the monday so i need to come back on the sunday. Thanks though. probably still works out cheaper than most major uk festivals with travel included despite the weak pound. 

17 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

if all goes to plan i'll be starting a new job on the monday so i need to come back on the sunday. Thanks though. probably still works out cheaper than most major uk festivals with travel included despite the weak pound. 

I'd wait at least another month to book flights.  Easyjet will release their summer schedules next month. They currently only fly up until the 25th June.

Hey folks - quite fancy seeing Depeche Mode and this gig fits the dates.

We'll wait a while for the eJ flights, and I guess the tickets will be available for some time so.... just waiting for the rest of the line-up...

Other things - where to stay? Don't camp any more - too old.

Any suggestions for a decent hotel (location)? Max £100/n for two people.

How to get to and from the festival from Lisbon hotel?

Thanks!

13 hours ago, galbani said:

Hey folks - quite fancy seeing Depeche Mode and this gig fits the dates.

We'll wait a while for the eJ flights, and I guess the tickets will be available for some time so.... just waiting for the rest of the line-up...

Other things - where to stay? Don't camp any more - too old.

Any suggestions for a decent hotel (location)? Max £100/n for two people.

How to get to and from the festival from Lisbon hotel?

Thanks!

Most hotels in Lisbon to be honest. 

I'm in the Sana this time, it's not bear the festival but is in a central Lisbon location. Fenix Lisboa as well is very classy.

17 hours ago, galbani said:

Thanks Liam - which Sana?

How to travel to / from the gig each day?

Thanks

Not sure which Sana. It's the one near the big statue though if that helps.

I'll get the train there and back. Getting back is horrible, you have to cross the bridge of doom, but that would be the same with getting a taxi as well.

Line up really starts getting announced Dec / Jan time and expect it to be pretty much completed by March. 

Best to stay Bairro Alto area as it's only a 10 minute walk from Cais do Sodre station.  Trains from Algres back to here finish about 4.30am so plenty of time to get back.  Taxis after midnight range from €10 back to centre of Lisbon and €15 to top end of town, but can be a mission to get them ... 15 minute walk to taxi rank plus same queueing.  Worth getting a 3 day return train pass for approx. €11.  Train takes 10 mins and is hassle free. 

If you book late flights then try Porto or Faro airports, only 2.5 hours train away and much cheaper flights. 

Best places to see in Lisbon St George's Castle, Oceanarium and if you get the chance a day trip to Sintra to see Regaleira Palace!