Can't take in beer with day ticket?

Hirsty44

bumping as would like to know the answer

Im fairly confident you can take it into the campsite, but for the arena you will have to sneak it past security

For the last four years ive done the whole weekend and they allow beer into the camp area, judging from the map all entrances go into the camp rather than the arena so i cant see why they would ban booze when they know security will take any off people trying to take into the arena

Im going to try anyway...

For the arean...
i can say i had a friend who snuck some into the arena using sealed water bottles that he carefully to the lid off before mixing with gin and putting back haha. 

Yeah my thinking is that it says on the ticket that only weekenders are allowed in the camp sites, so the logic is day holders won't have anywhere to drink any alcohol. I've given my beer to a mate who is camping anyway now so im sorted. Do you think they would stop a day holder taking in a pillow and sleeping mat?  

1 hour ago, Hirsty44 said:

Yeah my thinking is that it says on the ticket that only weekenders are allowed in the camp sites, so the logic is day holders won't have anywhere to drink any alcohol. I've given my beer to a mate who is camping anyway now so im sorted. Do you think they would stop a day holder taking in a pillow and sleeping mat?  

Yes definitely, they definitely look out for camping stuff when they check day ticket people. Perhaps you could sneak a blow up pillow in if it wasnt blow up though?

I think the acohol rule for day tickets holders is that day ticket holders should only really be in the arena as a lot of the facilities outside are for the campers.  Leeds Festival apart from the licence side of it pay a lot of money to run the campsites and base things such as toilets and water taps on expected numbers  and they do not want thousands of day ticket holders getting a good weekend on the cheap or over running the camp site facilities.

In the past I have seen wrist band checks to make sure there are no day visitors still hanging around the camping areas but especially at night it will be difficult to enforce.

I know at V Fest in years past they always had security on the camp site entrances checking you had a camping wrist band

• 6 months later...

We had two friends come for a day last year and they got in no problems with a crate of beer in their hands! The bag searching is random and you don't definitely get searched but IF this is actually a rule then I'd say you be better off just trying to walk in with it in your hands rather than trying to sneak it in and look suspicious!

Please check out or youtube channel for Videos of the full Leeds fest 2016:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4uOY2YBsH7iWnMxseX4vbg

The vast majority of day ticket holders get searched and have beer taken off of them as they go directly through into the arena through a separate gate, rather than into the campsite gate (which weekend ticket holders use). 

The ruling for all festival goers is "You can't take alcohol into the arena, you can only have your own alcohol in the camp site", therefore as day ticket holders are not permitted entrance to the campsites and spend their day in the arena- they are unable to take alcohol with them (Makes sense, same rule applies to all festivals i have been to where the campsite is separate to the stages. Mainly so you buy booze from their bars) 

My advice would be to ask someone you know who's going for a weekend to take some in for you, and then sneak into the campsite (Day tickets do not permit access to the campsite, so you will have to just act confident and walk out THEN RUNNNN!) - my friends had no trouble doing this last year.

I've been every year since 09, so I'm pretty confident i can answer most questions if you need any help :)