Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/29/2017 at 8:50 PM, Mash011 said:

2/3 of last years subs were acts that were expected play third down until we got the times tbf. And let's not forget that the year before they booked Paul fucking Weller to sub. Basically, that slot is weird.

i think the Who years are weird in that spot as they've requested those acts. Weller and the Kaiser Chiefs in '05. I was surprised the Manics were below the Kaisers in '05 and since the Kaisers had supported a few Who gigs around that time it probably was a request on their end.

1 hour ago, briddj said:

EE will definitely be there then. Excellent. Their set in Williams Green in 2015 was a highlight. Hopefully they are high up in JPT, will be a much better atmosphere for them.

Subbed John Peel in 2013, so anything less than that would be harsh, although they haven't got much bigger since that. Would suggest they'd swap to the Other Stage instead, but then their 'main' set in 2015 was on there. Tbh it's about time they got a break so if it was up to me I'd stick them early-ish on the Pyramid. Dunno.

Edited by Zac Quinn

20 hours ago, evannn said:

Well Beck isn't going to headline the Pyramid Stage at Glastonbury 2017, so congrats on the clairvoyance

I think you've misunderstood?

Beck generally wasn't considered big enough to sub the Pyramid until the times came out last year. The Lips are about as big as Beck, so it's unlikely but not impossible.

11 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets said:

Beck generally wasn't considered big enough to sub the Pyramid until the times came out last year. The Lips are about as big as Beck, so it's unlikely but not impossible.

The Lips will not be subbing The Pyramid, absolutely categorically not. The shows that they have of their own in the UK are tiny!, and although Beck isn't huge....still more relevant etc than The Lips atm mind, he had a fair bit of hype around him.

4 hours ago, pastorofmuppets said:

It was a joke, apparently not a good one. Don't mind me x

1 minute ago, Smeble said:

Marvin berry and the starlighters were brilliant at enchantment under the sea, although that guest guitarist was a bit ahead of the times

That whole thing has always sat uneasily with me. The suggestion that a teenage white boy from Hill Valley is responsible for the success for Chuck Berry?