Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, maelzoid said:

Not very, but there's still room for them at Glastonbury. Could see them low on Other, or maybe higher on Park or JP.  Would be a good addition I think - decent band.

They have a great success at each performance in the US; their more-than-3 hours huge performance at Bonnaroo 2008 allowed them to be often compared to Pearl Jam. I'd love to see them at Glastonbury next year, even with a shorter set :) (and why not Pearl Jam as headliner ahah)

47 minutes ago, jackarmy said:

The Stone Roses are playing Wembley and Hampden Park next June. Not sure if this makes them more or less likely to do Glastonbury..

It me, it tells me some info I was given back in June about Glasto is on the money, and not a wind-up from a pissed man.

If that info he gave me still holds - and I reckon it does - then both Radiohead and Stone Roses had signed up months ago.

Just now, eFestivals said:

It me, it tells me some info I was given back in June about Glasto is on the money, and not a wind-up from a pissed man.

If that info he gave me still holds - and I reckon it does - then both Radiohead and Stone Roses had signed up months ago.

So we're thinking Daft Punk, Radiohead, Stone Roses - right?

Not many festivals that could top that for a set of headliners!

2 minutes ago, jackarmy said:

So we're thinking Daft Punk, Radiohead, Stone Roses - right?

Not many festivals that could top that for a set of headliners!

The Roses and Radiohead came as a pair, from the same source at the same time. An excellent source, tho he was pissed - so I've never been quite sure if he was on a wind-up.

Part of why I thought it might be a wind-up was because of the Roses, who I wasn't really thinking would be touring next year after touring this year. Now we know they're touring and the dates fit with Glasto it looks likely to have been right.

32 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I thought The Roses were nailed onto be fair but I read something the other day that said Eavis tried to get them in 15 before he got The Who and after FF pulled before announcing FATM. I would guess that probably led to him having this years secured given their plans for this year and agreeing to do it the following.

They will be doing it off of new material also even though they toured this year without. And to be honest they could easily cash in again next year off of Manchester with new material if they really fancied it, although not to the same amount of venue extent.

17 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

Elbow seem to be stepping up their social media presence. I know they're in danger of being a house band but that pyramid sub slot suits them so well. Selfishly speaking subbing Radiohead would be an incredible evening.

Wow!....for what could go down as a massive set of headliners that sounds like the most boring evening! That said Saturday is now my evening to potter upto Arcadia now and sit atop the hill for a few cans. 

4 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Wow!....for what could go down as a massive set of headliners that sounds like the most boring evening! That said Saturday is now my evening to potter upto Arcadia now and sit atop the hill for a few cans. 

Hold on a sec, you don't like Radiohead? You should have mentioned