Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw them supporting Motley Crue years back. Baffling. They had this reputation of being ground breakers in the US and they were coming over to show the UK what we'd been missing. They were met with monumental indifference. Pub rock band at best.

Gotta love the diddle eye song though.

10 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Superman The Movie (And Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut).  I'm shocked that someone with a Ferengi for a profile would get such basic comic book movie trivia wrong.

That is a very very good point.  Suitably chastised.

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

So Kraftwerk are around

well that puts them in the right place at the right time. how did they deal with the 3D aspect at their last festivals? hand out the glasses beforehand similar to Coldplay's wristbands at Glastonbury this year? would make a great WH headliner if they're up for festivals again

6 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Given the size of the venues they are playing on that your, are Kraftwerk big enough to headline West Holts? If not, does their 3D schtick work in daylight? 

definitely big enough - they're a huge name and pioneers of their genre. not sure how the 3D thing works so maybe JP would be a better fit in that respect, but if a tent/enclosed space isn't needed then WH all the way

Edited by FloorFiller

16 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

if anybody finds prices for these shows hit me up. even though Glastonbury looks like it may be on the cards, chances are it'd be amidst clash central and i'd be foolish to not see em in Liverpool if the prices aren't ridiculous

Can't even see prices yet for earlier shows in Europe. They are playing a specified full album per night in European cities. It will be very expensive I'm sure. No less than £70?? I can't see them in Manchester as I hope to be on my way to Glastonbury that night, so fingers crossed headlining West Holts...with or without 3D don't care.

50 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Given the size of the venues they are playing on that your, are Kraftwerk big enough to headline West Holts? If not, does their 3D schtick work in daylight? 

i saw them in mostly daylight in Dublin at a festival a few years ago. the stage was in the shade and the sun set during the gig and it was dark by the end. it worked, although it was a little boring overall tbh.

they handed out glasses to everyone as you went through the gates, so dunno how they'd do it at an event where they're not headlining.

Just now, ghostdancer1 said:

they handed out glasses to everyone as you went through the gates, so dunno how they'd do it at an event where they're not headlining.

surely can't be too hard to have either people handing them out around the stage they're playing for a few hours beforehand or having a pickup point of sorts. i'm sure nobody would (or at least most) be stupid enough to go see em without realising they needed to go get some

probably not, but i'm sure there'd be a few.

they could have 2 people at each of the 3 (?) main entrances to WH handing them out, before their performance I suppose. there'd probably be people taking them despite just passing through on their way to somewhere else, or people coming in and missing the people handing them out, but they'd cover most people I suppose.

e: 4 entrances, forgot the Leftfield/Toilets at the back one.

Edited by ghostdancer1

I'd just put it prominently in the programme and lanyard that Kraftwerk will be performing a 3d set and that glasses will be required for the experience and have them handed out from the lockups on the day of Kraftwerk's performance. I think that would be easier than having to fight with all those people trying to get them from 8 or so poor schmucks in the field :P

I would imagine Kraftwerk would be considered big enough for WH but a few years back they played TITP and struggled to get numbers in the tent they played didn't they?

That might be down to the fact that TITP is either shit or the fact someone big was headlining same time though..... would imagine a Kraftwerk 3d set at G would be rather popular.

1 hour ago, mungo57 said:

I would imagine Kraftwerk would be considered big enough for WH but a few years back they played TITP and struggled to get numbers in the tent they played didn't they?

That might be down to the fact that TITP is either shit or the fact someone big was headlining same time though..... would imagine a Kraftwerk 3d set at G would be rather popular.

they'll get a far better reception at Glastonbury than at TITP, as is the case with many more 'leftfield' acts - TITP these days is all about the huge names and EDM, whereas acts like Kraftwerk, LCD Soundsystem, My Bloody Valentine and The War on Drugs pull pathetic crowds. think they'd pull a decent crowd at either WH or JP