Gnomicide

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Gorillaz tour dates out:

Demon Dayz, Margate (June 10)
Toronto, Ontario – Air Canada Centre (July 10)
Boston, MA – Blue Hills Bank Pavilion (July 12)
Philadelphia, PA – Festival Pier at Penn’s Landing (July 13)

Festival d’Été International de Québec, Québec, QC, Canada (July 15)
Columbia, MD – Merriweather Post Pavilion (July 17)

Fuji Rock Festival (July 28-30)
Outside Lands, San Francisco (August 11-13)
New York, NY – The Meadows Music & Arts Festival (September 15-17)
Detroit, MI – Fox Theatre (September 18)
St. Paul, MN -Roy Wilkins Auditorium (September 20)
Kansas City, MO – Sprint Center (September 22)
Las Vegas, NV – Life Is Beautiful Music & Art Festival (September 24)
Morrison, CO – Red Rocks Amphitheatre (September 26)
Seattle, WA – KeyArena at Seattle Center (September 30)
Inglewood, CA – The Forum (October 5)
Duluth, GA – Infinite Energy Center (October 11)
Miami, FL – III Points Festival (October 13-15)

Definitely space for a secret warm up Glastonbury set in there.  Wishful thinking, I know.

If they have a big secret up their sleeves, Gorillaz are definitely one of the major candidates I think.

Just now, jparx said:

If they have a big secret up their sleeves, Gorillaz are definitely one of the major candidates I think.

Gorillaz, Kasabian, Elbow, Liam Gallagher.  Plenty of candidates this year! Just got to be lucky enough to be there if they happen

1 hour ago, Zac Quinn said:

Came out of nowhere but Plan B is back.. don't know where he'd play these days after being third in 2011 

That's a great lineup for what it costs to be fair.

58 minutes ago, e9t3 said:

Just noticed Everything Everything are a SR for Thursday on the Williams Green Stage.

Can't find any thread talking about it.

Easy to avoid Wills Green bar Guilty Pleasures in the afternoon if it happens now.

20 minutes ago, sisco said:

Gorillaz, Kasabian, Elbow, Liam Gallagher.  Plenty of candidates this year! Just got to be lucky enough to be there if they happen

Liam will be announced, a secret set does nothing for his comeback, the others yes but I could miss them all.

1 hour ago, Zac Quinn said:

There's a fair bit of meat on the Saturday, even allowing for some shockers like James Arthur and Imagine Dragons. The Sunday is utterly abysmal tho 

See I'd take Clean Bandit, The Chainsmokers and Dua Lipa but agreed to depth isn't the same. Chain are a Glasto chance just about for Sunday although rushed but hoping for Dua low Pyramid, mid Other. 

After Love from LDR she is welcome too and given she's not Latitude unless she's Mumford sub.

Paramore just announced some UK dates. 

JUNE
15 -‪ Dublin, Ireland @ Olympia
16 – Belfast, United Kingdom @ Waterfront
18 – Manchester, United Kingdom @ O2 Apollo
19 – London, United Kingdom @ Royal Albert Hall
21 – Bristol, United Kingdom @ Colston Hall
22 – Edinburgh, United Kingdom @ Usher Hall

21 minutes ago, baggie92 said:

JUNE

Just came on here to see if anyone has said anything. Would adoooore to go to the Bristol show but will be at Glasto and won't be able to bring myself to leave haha. But Paramore are one of my all time favourites! As they seem to finish their tour the day before Glasto music, does anyone think they could/would play?!

26 minutes ago, baggie92 said:

JUNE

24 - Germany
25 - Netherlands

25 minutes ago, Jamesyp42 said:

Paramore Other Stage Openers....?

Edinburgh finish 11pm, Glasto opening at 11am....no chance.

22 minutes ago, x-maryjade-x said:

Just came on here to see if anyone has said anything. Would adoooore to go to the Bristol show but will be at Glasto and won't be able to bring myself to leave haha. But Paramore are one of my all time favourites! As they seem to finish their tour the day before Glasto music, does anyone think they could/would play?!

If they had 3 dates before that then the day break I could see it but I'd say no.

New single Hard Times started okay but I think it then lost it....I think Haley has defo tried to give a bit Lady Gaga and I'm now very much in the Reading headline for them I think. 

I don't see a chance Download are going to book a band to headline after that track as there is no rock left. 

Edited by thewayiam

Listening to their new single and it sounds like Paramore have been listening to Fickle Friends who in turn sound a bit like Friendly Fires. All good though and I would definitely watch them. If the Bristol and Edinburgh gigs were swapped over i'd say there would be a good chance but as it stands its doubtful.

2 minutes ago, wozwebs said:

Listening to their new single and it sounds like Paramore have been listening to Fickle Friends who in turn sound a bit like Friendly Fires. All good though and I would definitely watch them. If the Bristol and Edinburgh gigs were swapped over i'd say there would be a good chance but as it stands its doubtful.

Been wanting to go RAH for ages and they are the act I'd make the effort for but a Monday night is a fucker!, and dodgy sleeping pattern run into Glasto isn't a good idea.

21 minutes ago, incident said:

24 - Germany
25 - Netherlands

Drat. That new song is pretty tasty.

1 minute ago, wozwebs said:

Listening to their new single and it sounds like Paramore have been listening to Fickle Friends who in turn sound a bit like Friendly Fires.

Come on now. Electro pop existed before all these bands and Fickle Friends are barely on the radar yet.

1 minute ago, wozwebs said:

Hoping Fickle Friends are there. Love the 80's so more the merrier for me.

I remember reading a couple of months back they pretty much said "ha, we wish!" in response to a tweet about Glasto. So at that point it looks like they weren't playing but they might have since been booked. They've got a lot of potential for sure and it's a bit of a dropped bollock to miss 'em out completely.

5 hours ago, Zac Quinn said:

There's a fair bit of meat on the Saturday, even allowing for some shockers like James Arthur and Imagine Dragons. The Sunday is utterly abysmal tho 

Alt-j only subbing their second stage?

Edited by e9t3

27 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

"All the US lineups are a bit shit this year" 

Would take so much from that line up. Have Streetlight Manifesto ever played Glasto? Would love to see them again (EDIT: they're in the US over Glastonbury this year)

Edited by Tommy101