Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a feeling Belle & Sebastian may play. They are in London on the 15th and Barcelona on the 18th, they then go into a quite intensive tour two month tour from the 6th July. There is Glastonbury shaped hole in that itinery. 

7 hours ago, dentalplan said:

She'll do a bunch of slots so I would guess at least one would be that.

Do you think she'll do some of her 'spoken word' poetry? I like most of her stuff but prefer it without the added background beat.

Have we talked about how Mitski is touring and in Europe and has a completely wide open week between Germany the weekend before and US the week after? Could be a recoup period, but I reckon she's on The Park; this year's Car Seat Headrest.

1 hour ago, GMF said:

I have a feeling Belle & Sebastian may play. They are in London on the 15th and Barcelona on the 18th, they then go into a quite intensive tour two month tour from the 6th July. There is Glastonbury shaped hole in that itinery. 

Bit of a swift return, I'd be surprised 

26 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Have we talked about how Mitski is touring and in Europe and has a completely wide open week between Germany the weekend before and US the week after? Could be a recoup period, but I reckon she's on The Park; this year's Car Seat Headrest.

God I hope so.

26 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

This would be amazing, Puberty 2 was one of the albums of the year. Could definitely see it happening!

47 minutes ago, SighMo said:

Do you think she'll do some of her 'spoken word' poetry? I like most of her stuff but prefer it without the added background beat.

Dunno, You might be better asking @Winslow Leach as I'm not so much a fan so I haven't experienced any of them but I assume it depends on the stage. Poetry & Words tent; yes, WOW; no, Rum Shack; maybe.

30 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Yeah it's been brought up from time to time. I would be surprised if she's not there to be honest, which is pretty much why I held off on her last tour. She's doing bigger venues than CSH were doing back then so I wouldn't anticipate it'll be that early on.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah it's been brought up from time to time. I would be surprised if she's not there to be honest, which is pretty much why I held off on her last tour. She's doing bigger venues than CSH were doing back then so I wouldn't anticipate it'll be that early on.

She's this year's CSH in that she's the trendy new US indie rock act who isn't on the poster but gets added later, rather than the slot. I think it was a mistake to have CSH on that early and they'll probably have learned from that (unless it was a ploy to get people out of bed).