Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, SPTFRE said:

Gogol Bordello have announced a few Summer dates. Leftfield headliner?

Steph would be more than happy with this

4 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

Wait... the manics are suddenly rumoured.   I'm all over this. Fucking epic day. I hope they are announced. 

1BF17387-1F9C-43E7-947A-6B5F9EA39D47-9620-0000082321B87F32.gif

Pretty sure it's only because they're playing as part of a series of Bristol gigs the week of the festival. James Bay did the same last year and didn't show up. Can't see the Manics playing at all unless they've agreed to be Friday openers, which I don't think they will have done.

3 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Pretty sure it's only because they're playing as part of a series of Bristol gigs the week of the festival. James Bay did the same last year and didn't show up. Can't see the Manics playing at all unless they've agreed to be Friday openers, which I don't think they will have done.

I was just thinking other opener would be perfect for them. Do they have new music?

17 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Well that's shit in my cereal :(.

I still have hope. Hope is a good thing.

1 hour ago, eastynh said:

I was just thinking other opener would be perfect for them. Do they have new music?

Nothing out yet but I read an interview earlier where he was talking about a 'rockier' new album. I'd imagine they'd have atleast a single out before the summer 

18 minutes ago, musky said:

Depeche Mode still have 2 days available over the Glasto weekend. I know they said not this year, but they also said they'd like to do it.

Mate as much as I would love it, I just can't see them being up against Radiohead or Foo Fighters as it just does not make sense. Up against Ed Sheeran then fair enough but not against the other 2.

They have had more hits than both of them so I would be gobsmacked if they agreed to play second fiddle to either of them.

Have just watched their set from last night at the 6 music festival and they were superb. Now I prefer them on record compared to live as I do not like the live drummer. Yet Dave Gahan is absolutely superb. There are not many true rock and roll front men left.

Am a little worried they don't seem to be playing any songs pre Violator although I expect that to change come the tour proper.

Do Depeche Mode really have more hits than Foo Fighters? I prefer them but I would never have said that. I think when I started listening to them the only songs I recognised were Just Can't Get Enough, Personal Jesus, Enjoy the Silence and People are People.

I was only born in 1995 though so I obviously missed Depeche Mode's commercial peak. Did they have a lot of hits?