Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Album #4 was a bit of a shitter I thought but aye the rest all has its moments. Always had a huge soft spot for Our Love to Admire despite it seemingly being seen as the start of their downfall

I like Our Love to Admire . Shame they no longer play anything from it. No I in Threesome is so Interpol.

3 hours ago, siweltrebor said:

I remember watching the Kooks perform live, on my lunch break playing in a Fopp store in Reading while people watched the gig I was scouring for some nice £3 and £5 classic cd deals that they always tend to have plenty of. I haven't seen them since to my knowledge.

I saw them supporting The Rolling Stones, not sure they would get a gig supporting a stones tribute act in a pub nowadays

36 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Still no summer Gaga shows in Europe. Not that I'd expect her at yer Open Air St. Gallen's and the like but some big outdoor shows would surely be expected if she's doing this thing, right? Maybe she was just hawking the Glasto rumour because she wanted to be linked to Glasto. :P

I understand her US tour is probably being saved for after the Super Bowl but I dunno if European promoters would be all that keen to wait, with fading popularity and tickets to sell.

Yeah from memory she's said explicitly that she'll launch her tour dates straight out of the Super Bowl, just like Beyoncé did in 2013. Obviously Gaga isn't on a level where she can pick and choose when to do everything to the same extent Beyoncé can, but there's no way Gaga doesn't have any European dates so I wouldn't worry :P

Edited by Zac Quinn

16 minutes ago, ivan said:

I like Our Love to Admire . Shame they no longer play anything from it. No I in Threesome is so Interpol.

They do play stuff off it. Last tour they played Rest My Chemistry and Pioneer To The Falls in Manchester, and their most recent set which was a festival set so obv shorter still had Rest My Chemistry on it. It's the song that got me into them that, brilliant track.

47 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Yeah from memory she's said explicitly that she'll launch her tour dates straight out of the Super Bowl, just like Beyoncé did in 2013. Obviously Gaga isn't on a level where she can pick and choose when to do everything to the same extent Beyoncé can, but there's no way Gaga doesn't have any European dates so I wouldn't worry :P

I didn't realise that, however yeah it's probably fine for Beyoncé. Was just thinking her UK dates might end up in the autumn or something if she's gonna push out these tour dates after the Super Bowl and wants a reasonable time to sell them but it's not long to wait and see.

5 hours ago, Zac Quinn said:

She's only got to announce an arena tour around June giving 3 months to sell out with a US tour to follow later on. Then comes a bigger your next year if she takes off again. Still can't pick it between Ed or Foo's sub but I think Glasto will mix it up as a lot of girls will attend Ed and Gaga. KC 3rd on Sunday would defo cause the crowd split that Glasto like.

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

She's only got to announce an arena tour around June giving 3 months to sell out with a US tour to follow later on. Then comes a bigger your next year if she takes off again. Still can't pick it between Ed or Foo's sub but I think Glasto will mix it up as a lot of girls will attend Ed and Gaga. KC 3rd on Sunday would defo cause the crowd split that Glasto like.

KC?

14 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Holy sheezus I hadn't seen owt about this. Cracking news. When I first listened to the first Elastica album a couple of years back I couldn't quite understand why every Britpop shithouse had been goaded into reuniting and Elastica stayed dormant.

Friend of mine is related to one of Elastica, she's said it's probably something to do with Record Store Day rather than a reunion 

Edited by Mouseboy11

10 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Still no summer Gaga shows in Europe. Not that I'd expect her at yer Open Air St. Gallen's and the like but some big outdoor shows would surely be expected if she's doing this thing, right? Maybe she was just hawking the Glasto rumour because she wanted to be linked to Glasto. :P

I understand her US tour is probably being saved for after the Super Bowl but I dunno if European promoters would be all that keen to wait, with fading popularity and tickets to sell.

Yeah I would imagine they are waiting for her stock to sky-rocket after her SB show, which is less than 2 weeks away now. She might not have had much success with her last album but I can almost guarantee her SB show will be a real winner. She shot back in to attention in the States off the back of just singing the national anthem at last years SB - people were almost surprised buy how good a singer she actually is, add in to that the pure ridiculousness she can fit into a proper half time show and I can't see it falling flat.

Edited by mjsell

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

Heard it mentioned on 6music earlier that Ray Davies has a new album out in April.

Perhaps a return to the farm as well?

Still gutted I missed his 2010 set to watch England get knocked out the world cup!

I hot footed it over to the pyramid after the 4th! goal and made it. Really cheered me up, was a terrific set and for such a reknowned curmudgeon Ray really seemed to be enjoying himself. It really was a great performance. I'm gutted I missed Slash playing before him. 

I think Sylvan Esso have annouced a couple of european dates for early May (London & Berlin). But then they have a couple of American gigs late May. So not really sure what they are doing - because neither could be considered a tour.

Might try and get tickets for the London show in case they arent around in the summer.

16 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Are we living in a time that The Human League, Pet Shop Boys and Tears for Fears could reasonably be booked for Glastonbury?

I really do hope so. I get the feeling the Human League are after topping up their pension though.

I fancy that Thursday night in Liverpool. Them and ACR would be ace.

39 minutes ago, joeh said:

Foals are headlining Citadel Festival, UK Festival Exclusive

Providing theres a few decent support acts I might be convinced to get a ticket. I have incredibly never seen Foals, despite being a fan. They always play festivals the year I dont go.