Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

19 minutes ago, PiratePete said:

I'd rather they didn't get a Pyramid slot - their music works so much better at night IMO, and they're not big enough to headline the Pyramid. Park headliner? 

headlined John Peel last time round which is a bigger slot than headlining the Park so i can't see them taking that step down. reckon they could do something similar to Chvrches and end up subbing Other which i think would suit them well. hell, they could even end up headlining it if this album takes off as much as their last one did

Edited by FloorFiller

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I'd be surprised if they manage to progress upwards. They were kinda 'flavour of the month' and I feel as if people had already stopped caring by the time the tour ended.

Really not a lot to them either. Bad band.

well they're headlining that (albeit, small) Australian festival so festival bookers must think there's something of worth left in them come this second album. i'd be surprised myself if they took any kind of dip position wise. think this new album will push them right back up to where they left off

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

headlined John Peel last time round which is a bigger slot than headlining the Park so i can't see them taking that step down. reckon they could do something similar to Chvrches and end up subbing Other which i think would suit them well. hell, they could even end up headlining it if this album takes off as much as their last one did

Is Park really a step down from JP? I'm not sure it is, but I'm a relative Glastonbury newbie with 2014 (and both years since then) being my first one...  

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I'd be surprised if they manage to progress upwards. They were kinda 'flavour of the month' and I feel as if people had already stopped caring by the time the tour ended.

Really not a lot to them either. Bad band.

I'm definitely not in that camp, they're brilliant IMO. Still listening to their first album a fair bit. 

I can see the long wait producing quite a lot of hype, which I reckon/hope they'll live up to. 

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

well they're headlining that (albeit, small) Australian festival so festival bookers must think there's something of worth left in them come this second album. i'd be surprised myself if they took any kind of dip position wise. think this new album will push them right back up to where they left off

Well, the same festival had Bloc Party headline this year and they're the patron saint of bad comebacks. Not saying they'll implode or anything but I can't see them going anywhere from here and could just end up early evening Other.

1 hour ago, PiratePete said:

Is Park really a step down from JP? I'm not sure it is, but I'm a relative Glastonbury newbie with 2014 (and both years since then) being my first one...  

Yeah it pretty much is. I mean I dunno if it's a conscious decision because they have different bookers but you generally get bigger acts headlining John Peel than Park.

1 hour ago, PiratePete said:

I'm definitely not in that camp, they're brilliant IMO. Still listening to their first album a fair bit. 

I can see the long wait producing quite a lot of hype, which I reckon/hope they'll live up to. 

My head has been turned inside out by the revelation that someone has listened to London Grammar's album since 2014. :P

But yeah I'm not sure how safe it is for quick rising bands to go away for a couple of years anymore, I'm sure you can think of examples of bands falling foul of that yourself as it happens so often nowadays. And with London Grammar, it's not like they gathered a huge hardcore following over their lifespan - I feel like you're much more likely to hear "remember London Grammar? What happened to them?" than "holy shit where is London Grammar LP2?"

16 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Well, the same festival had Bloc Party headline this year and they're the patron saint of bad comebacks. Not saying they'll implode or anything but I can't see them going anywhere from here and could just end up early evening Other.

Yeah it pretty much is. I mean I dunno if it's a conscious decision because they have different bookers but you generally get bigger acts headlining John Peel than Park.

My head has been turned inside out by the revelation that someone has listened to London Grammar's album since 2014. :P

But yeah I'm not sure how safe it is for quick rising bands to go away for a couple of years anymore, I'm sure you can think of examples of bands falling foul of that yourself as it happens so often nowadays. And with London Grammar, it's not like they gathered a huge hardcore following over their lifespan - I feel like you're much more likely to hear "remember London Grammar? What happened to them?" than "holy shit where is London Grammar LP2?"

Ha, I've definitely said a number of times "when are London Grammar going to release a second album"? But maybe I'm in a minority... 

1 hour ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

So you can whinge that you missed them cos you weren't up in time to trek over there?

By midday I meant mid music day, as in 5ish. But ey, saw all the morning acts I really wanted to see (Syrian Orchestra and Car Seat Headrest) this year so don't know WHAT you're talking about

14 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

both Bon Iver and The National have been announced for Eaux Claires festival which takes place June 16-17. considering it looks quite likely that Bon Iver will be coming over, maybe they can convince The National to make the long overdue trip to the farm as well

We can hope! 

16 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

both Bon Iver and The National have been announced for Eaux Claires festival which takes place June 16-17. considering it looks quite likely that Bon Iver will be coming over, maybe they can convince The National to make the long overdue trip to the farm as well

Interesting that that festival has moved from August to June - I do wonder whether big touring bands on their line-up will fly across the pond in the intervening week

29 minutes ago, Keithy said:

Surely The XX would have finally completed their third album by next summer (was/is due this year but has all gone quiet) and will be out touring it. Though given they've headlined Other and are most definitely a night time band, not sure where they'd fit.

was thinking it might be too soon for them to return Other again, but fuck it, Chemical Brothers do it every four years like clockwork so when it's clearly the most appropriate slot for em then why not? headlining Other and Bestival next year i reckon